Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Doing it myself - sub/amp installation ... is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-06 | 01:17 PM
Tranceman
Rookie

Default Doing it myself - sub/amp installation ... is this right?

so i've taken the task of adding a sub and amp to my stock 93 es 300 (pioneer system). i want to make sure i'm about to do this all right. currently i'm building my sub box. i'm going to be using a rockford fosgate p2002 amp to push a 10" pioneer ts-w251r. and i'm about to purchase this installation kit for the amp http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT . i also have a line level converter. i think this is everything i'll need but just want to make sure.

also as far as where i install these things i'm not sure about some things. starting with the line level converter - where does it install? this is the line level converters instructions:

"connect AULOC (model name) gray wire (+) and gray/black wire (-) to the right speaker output of the source unit. connect AULOC white wire (+) and white/black wire(-) to the left speaker output of the source unit. if there is only one stereo minus, connect both AULOC minus wires to it. the RCA jacks are the output for the AULOC. adjust control pots for the desired output. the brown wires are not usually used. the brown ground wires are to be used only if no sound is audible on both channels. attach the brown wires to the source unit's ground."

does this mean i'm attaching the LLC to the signal that's being sent to the factory amp? or after the factory amp that's being sent to my speakers?

otherwise i think the rest should be pretty self-explanitory ... i'll connect the power source to the amp, output from LLC to amp and connect amp/sub and it'll be good to go?

thanks for help in advance.
Old 05-18-06 | 10:14 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tranceman
so i've taken the task of adding a sub and amp to my stock 93 es 300 (pioneer system). i want to make sure i'm about to do this all right. currently i'm building my sub box. i'm going to be using a rockford fosgate p2002 amp to push a 10" pioneer ts-w251r. and i'm about to purchase this installation kit for the amp http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT . i also have a line level converter. i think this is everything i'll need but just want to make sure.

also as far as where i install these things i'm not sure about some things. starting with the line level converter - where does it install? this is the line level converters instructions:

"connect AULOC (model name) gray wire (+) and gray/black wire (-) to the right speaker output of the source unit. connect AULOC white wire (+) and white/black wire(-) to the left speaker output of the source unit. if there is only one stereo minus, connect both AULOC minus wires to it. the RCA jacks are the output for the AULOC. adjust control pots for the desired output. the brown wires are not usually used. the brown ground wires are to be used only if no sound is audible on both channels. attach the brown wires to the source unit's ground."

does this mean i'm attaching the LLC to the signal that's being sent to the factory amp? or after the factory amp that's being sent to my speakers?

otherwise i think the rest should be pretty self-explanitory ... i'll connect the power source to the amp, output from LLC to amp and connect amp/sub and it'll be good to go?

thanks for help in advance.
You are attaching the LLC to the signal coming out of the amp going to your speakers, you wont need the brown wires. The LLC basically hijacks the signal going to your speaker and converts it to transfer over RCA's to transfer to your new amp. Yes, connect power source from battery to the amp, ground the amp to bare metal in the trunk, run your remote wire to a switched hot at the fuseblock. If you need anything just PM me gl