Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVIC-Z1 Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 01:48 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pioneer AVIC-Z1 Bypass

I recentley installed one of these uints in my car and was looking for the bypass for the video will moving. I found and decided to post it in here for those who need it.

You need to make sure your installer or whoever hooks up the ebrake like the installation guide states. DO NOT GROUND THE E-BRAKE WIRE like in other headunits. The bypass will not work. It will give you a warning message that the ebrake wire is installed incorrectly. When you first start your car flip the lights on and off 3 times. You want to do this when your radio has the message in the upper left hand corner and is booting up. You will have to do this each time you start your car. If needed you can get a PAC tr7 and program it for 3 pulses. If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.
Old 05-18-06, 07:29 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd just go with the TR-7 personally you can use the peripheral piece as well (same thing as PAC piece) it's just a pulse timer.

interesting though, thanks for the info
Old 05-18-06, 10:17 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I used the PAC TR-7 bypass for my Alpine and it works beautifully
Old 05-19-06, 06:08 AM
Multisync
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GammaLex
I recentley installed one of these uints in my car and was looking for the bypass for the video will moving. I found and decided to post it in here for those who need it.

You need to make sure your installer or whoever hooks up the ebrake like the installation guide states. DO NOT GROUND THE E-BRAKE WIRE like in other headunits. The bypass will not work. It will give you a warning message that the ebrake wire is installed incorrectly. When you first start your car flip the lights on and off 3 times. You want to do this when your radio has the message in the upper left hand corner and is booting up. You will have to do this each time you start your car. If needed you can get a PAC tr7 and program it for 3 pulses. If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.

yes, the PAC TR-7 works, but all you really need to do, is instead of flipping you lights on and off 3 times, ONCE is enough. Same procedure as above, but just on and off once.
Old 05-19-06, 12:27 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Multisync
yes, the PAC TR-7 works, but all you really need to do, is instead of flipping you lights on and off 3 times, ONCE is enough. Same procedure as above, but just on and off once.
Even with the PAC TR-7 you guys still have to mess with switches? I dont have to do anything, it works when I turn the key.
Old 05-21-06, 08:44 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you use the TR7 then you should not have to do the flickering of the headlights. it should send the proper pulses to the unit