Kicker System -- Installation from Circuit City

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 12:10 PM
sk72
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Kicker System -- Installation from Circuit City

Finally ..

Got my pictures taken.. well not that much but good enough .. like I mentioned before I installed a Kicker 12 " Comp in a sealed box and Kicker ZX300.1Mono Amp.

I got the Amp switched to 12db Bass Boost and Gain set to 4. It sounds really great and I love my bass.. now I will have to find a way to reduce the vibration on the rear 3rd brake light kit.. any suggestions??? also I have to do to the same to prevent my license plate to vibrate as well.. The bass is very clear and neat.. I really love it..

HandZilla.. you might want to try this config.. it sounds great for me..

I got this installed in a nearby CircuitCity in MD and the clown basically did the job in 1/2 hr .. seriously a crappy job. he let all wires loose.

1. He installed the Amp behind the sub Box.. it was a big No for me
2. He let the line converter hanging down from my stock sub, cause he took the signal from there
3. He did not disable my stock sub
4. He had the RCA cable running loose all over in the trunk
4. He had the amp setting to max

So when I got in the car and started playing music I hated the sound.. damm taught I made a big mistake but I knew I can return them .. so when I was visiting my fiancee I took the car to another circuitcity and boy they were so suprised to see the workmanship for a freaking $75 work.. seriously I would have done a better job in those wires..

They fixed the whole thing up again spending close to 2 Hrs. I should have taken a before picture but unfortunately I did not. Anyways later i returned the AMP ZX300.1 which I baught for 199.99plus tax and baught the same Amp on Ebay for 120.00 Brand New In Box including Shipping.

Still I am pissed cause the dumb A** Clown broke one of the clip from my side panel which he removed to run the power wire through from the battery. Did not realize this earlier. Now my side panel does not click in all the way through.. Dam it's a 06' man...

Anyways I am very happy with the sound and I would highly recommended this system but not Circuit City in MD (Arundel Area)

Last edited by sk72; 06-01-06 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-01-06, 12:48 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

pics dont work
Old 06-01-06, 01:45 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Looks good

For your license plate, take a piece of cardboard that is slightly smalled than your license plate and put it inbetween the car and licenseplate and screw it in....should work well!! Good luck!
Old 06-01-06, 01:57 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I did for the third brake light in my
GS. Take it out drill a small hole in the back next to where the card with the LED's are and shoot some silicone in to the hole. When it dries it will keep the brake light LED's from moving around. You may have to drill one hole on each side.
Old 06-01-06, 07:20 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not bad......for a circuit city install....
Old 06-01-06, 08:10 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Question...

Did they secure the enclosure in the trunk so that it doesn't slide around?
If they didn't you might want to do so, just my 2 cents

Nice sub though! Any particular reason you didn't get the Comp VR's.
Old 06-01-06, 08:26 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry for the ****y install. i work at circuit city here in tupelo ms. we dont do crappy work here. we get people from other circuit cities installs that suck. ince again im sorry for your bad install. we dont all suck. good choice in speakers and amp. i would have suggested a different amp though. about the clip go back and make them pay for it if they broke
Old 06-02-06, 06:53 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

Thanks sk! I'll def try those settings out and let you know how I like it. Did you keep your factory stereo? What do you have the freq **** set to? How much did CC charge you?

Last edited by handzilla; 06-02-06 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-02-06, 09:53 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LayinLo
Question...

Did they secure the enclosure in the trunk so that it doesn't slide around?
If they didn't you might want to do so, just my 2 cents

Nice sub though! Any particular reason you didn't get the Comp VR's.
They have this strap which runs the below the box that kinda holds it in place when placed under the mat.. not sure how to explain but some shoes have them too.. Is this good enough??

Well when I was in Circuit City, they had all the kicker system hooked up and as I tried all of them I kinda liked this setup plus it was under $400 Budget. I am not really sure but i think the Watts for COMP vr is higher which would have costs me a more expensive AMP.. I think that was one of the reason why I did not get them.

Originally Posted by BigManne
we dont do crappy work here.. about the clip go back and make them pay for it if they broke
I am sorry BigManne .. just poured out of mear frsutration but I was really happy with the work they did at the Richmond, VA branch.. a few rotten apples are always there rite.. Do you think I can go back now since it has been over 3 weeks.. damm should have seen it earlier..

Originally Posted by handzilla
Thanks sk! I'll def try those settings out and let you know how I like it. Did you keep your factory stereo? What do you have the freq **** set to? How much did CC charge you?
I kept my factory stereo.. infact I told them to try to get the signal for the line converter from the speakers cause I really did not want them to mess around opening the factory HU .. being paranoid I guess ..

handzilla - When you say Freq ****?? are u meaning to say the Gain on the Amp? if that is true I had it at 4 and had the Bass Boost switch On to 12DB. Since I am using a factory HU, not sure If I can set any freq levels.. I know in my old car I can do that with my PIONEER after market HU.

Charges
------

This is what they charged me

MTX BS112S (Sealed Sub Box) $59.99
KKR 06ZX3001 (AMP) $199.99
KKR 05C124 (COMP Sub) $99.99
MET AMP350AGU (Tsunami Amp Kit) $49.99
MET V1010 (RCA Cable) $39.99
MET ALOC648 (Line Converter) $39.99
INSTALLATION $60.99
INS SHOP FEE $ 4.99

Total $580.67

So far I have returned the AMP got the same AMP through Ebay for 120.00 (Brand New) including shipping.

So I have roughly spend $500 ~ for the setup.. I know I could done better than this but unfortunately this was the best I could find around here in MD.. Wish I had the time and knowledge to DIY.. well now.. I know ... it's a piece of cake.. just got to be careful with the sidepanels..
Old 06-02-06, 10:24 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

Yeah that's about what I payed for all mine. I had to pay $35 for them to remove my factory sub. They didn't do too bad except one side of the backseat isn't popped in all they way. IDK how to get it back in there either, might have to take it over to them ("umm guys you forgot something"). My amp is different from yours in that it has a freq ****, and it isn't as powerful. The guys that installed it set the gain at halfway and the bass boost at 0.

Last edited by handzilla; 06-02-06 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-02-06, 01:15 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

you should still be able to back about that clip being broken. also i would have sold you a 2 channel amp. you are not getting much wattage out of that 3001 at 4 ohms. maybe around 150 watts. you should get the 06zx2002. it does 200 wats birdged at 4ohms. it would give you a little more sound. i wasn't taking offence to them doing a ****ty install it happens. i dont own circuit city so its cool manne
Old 06-05-06, 04:49 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

Alright, my man I adjusted the amp (turned gain down a little, turned bass boost up to 12) and it is a little better. However, I am still missing some of the mid bass. I can only hear the deep bass coming out of the sub. Thoughts?
Old 06-05-06, 01:48 PM
sk72
Pole Position

Originally Posted by handzilla
Alright, my man I adjusted the amp (turned gain down a little, turned bass boost up to 12) and it is a little better. However, I am still missing some of the mid bass. I can only hear the deep bass coming out of the sub. Thoughts?

Hmm.. do you have a Mid-Bass driver?? I personally did not install a mid-bass driver so I don't get hear the Mid's a lot and still like the sound of the bass .. and yea the bass is deep .... I am not sure if you can get a Mid-Bass effect without a driver... not a very sound savvy person.. anyone... out there???
Old 06-06-06, 04:53 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sk72
Hmm.. do you have a Mid-Bass driver?? I personally did not install a mid-bass driver so I don't get hear the Mid's a lot and still like the sound of the bass .. and yea the bass is deep .... I am not sure if you can get a Mid-Bass effect without a driver... not a very sound savvy person.. anyone... out there???
No I don't have a Mid-Bass driver. I just read that they aren't necessary and that the desired mid-bass can be achieved by properly crossed over sub. Soooooooo I guess mine isn't properly crossed over?
Old 06-06-06, 11:54 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

yopu just nee to mess with the freq. of the crossover. so you kcan find that sweet spot. im a fan of around 100hz

Quick Reply: Kicker System -- Installation from Circuit City