Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

lexus mechanics tweeked my ML sub during 60k? paranoia?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-06, 09:48 AM
jleedog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexus mechanics tweeked my ML sub during 60k? paranoia?

let me start off by saying that everyone tells me i'm paranoid, so, feel free to tell me the same.

nonetheless, I brought in my 03' GS 300 Sport w/ ML and NAV into a dealership last month for its 60k maintenance. For some reason or the other, i swear they rewired or reset things with my ML system or worse yet, swapped out my speakers.

Before the service, everything sounded great. Now i feel like there's a lot more bass sent to the front seat door speakers and less sent to my ML subwoofer in the back. My reasons are b/c it sounds different to me (listen to the same rotation of CDs usually) and i can feel a lot more door vibration when i'm driving with my left knee resting against the door with the music on.

I've read the post titled "Enhancing the Subwoofer on the SC430" ( https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/15660-enhancing-the-subwoofer-on-the-sc430.html ) regarding the sub being "out of phase", but i dont really know what that means. maybe the mechs for some reason had to disconnect some cords and then reconnected them backwards?

When i use my touchscreen to move more sound to the back of the car it sounds almost like/ as good as when it did before i took my car in and the system was set evenly between front and back.

I've also read about the process to change speakers and pondered whether or not they would have enough time to change my speakers out and etc. Obviously, this is the part where everyone thinks i'm paranoid. Nonetheless, i really feel like they did something or reset something.

Also, while i'm here, does lexus recommend a 5 tire rotation with the spare? I noticed while investigating that my spare is still brand new, also, are my trunk tension bars supposed to be in the center support brace? Currently they're just resting on top of the brace. ( https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=125725&page=2 )

where is the ML amp located?

am i paranoid?

thanks in advance
Old 06-09-06, 10:31 PM
Tranceman
Rookie

you think about asking them if they did anything with your stuff? had to take wires off and put back on - that they possibly did incorrectly?
Old 06-13-06, 12:25 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Out of Phase simply means the woofer is wired backwards.
Old 06-13-06, 09:11 AM
jleedog
Driver School Candidate

lexbox,

do you know how i can either check if it is out of phase or what it would sound like if it was out of phase?

thanks in advance