Infiinity Basslink

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 01:44 AM
Aclarke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiinity Basslink

So does anyone have this installed?

I am seriously looking into placing this in the trunk of my 2IS but stereo installers keep telling me that the sealed trunk will make it barely noticable if at all. What are your feelings in regards to this?

Should I just go with a box/amp setup even if I only want to deepen the sound of my stereo rather than simply blow my trunk lid off...
Old 06-22-06, 03:26 AM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

It's not hard to find/cut a hole between the trunk and cabin if you want to.
Old 06-22-06, 05:33 AM
Aclarke
Driver

What are you suggesting? Cutting a whole in the rear deck somewhere?

I have a trunk pass-through hole in the center armrest of the rear passenger seats... would that work?
Old 06-22-06, 09:32 AM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

That works fine if you have the arm rest down all the time. Or, you could take the cover off the rear deck and cut a hole in the metal and perforate the rear cover enough to allow sound through.

Bass is non-directional, so it should fill the cabin if it can find it's way in.
Old 06-22-06, 09:55 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

I'm sure the trunk is sealed a lot better than most cars but it's not air tight. Not too sure about the IS but on my GS the rear deck is quite thin with holes all over. The only thing between the trunk and interior is a thin piece of carpet, a thin piece of rubber mat and the back seat. Bass should have no problem getting through this if there's enough power going to it.
Old 06-22-06, 11:06 AM
Aclarke
Driver

The Basslink is a 10" 200 watt, self-powered sub... is that not enough, especially since I do not want to drill anywhere in my car...
Old 06-22-06, 11:12 AM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jtgs400
I'm sure the trunk is sealed a lot better than most cars but it's not air tight. Not too sure about the IS but on my GS the rear deck is quite thin with holes all over. The only thing between the trunk and interior is a thin piece of carpet, a thin piece of rubber mat and the back seat. Bass should have no problem getting through this if there's enough power going to it.
All that rubber and carpet act as a good insulator for sound. That's one of the reasons the GS models have the sub mounted in the rear deck. It's built to put the sound in the cabin.

The Basslink is a nice sub and box. It has enough power for smaller cars, trucks, and hatchback vehicles where space is at a premium. But in the trunk of a nice luxury car like a Lexus, it will be pretty small unless placed appropriately.
Old 06-22-06, 12:03 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one in my Rav and it has more than enough power but, that is different than your set-up .................
Old 06-22-06, 12:58 PM
Aclarke
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexkost
I have one in my Rav and it has more than enough power but, that is different than your set-up .................
It also wasnt in a sealed trunk... i would like to hear from anyone out there who owns one and find out first hand how it sounds if all they did was install the thing and played their music... no other mods... just bone stock + basslink...

Anybody have such a setup???

If not basslink, what kind of amp/sub setup can I go for that will increase my sound quality and make the music i listen to sound much fuller??? I am more than open to suggestions but Im too much of a newb to start guessing at things...

I am not looking for BOOMING Bass... just a nice punch thats clean and tight. Altogether I dont want to go over 500 including installation. Is this an unrealistic goal?
Old 06-22-06, 01:48 PM
RanGer498
Lead Lap

I had a bazzoka 10" 150 watt tube in my bmw 528i and it sounded nice and the bass was decent considering i had no hole or anything going from the trunk area to the cabin,

the basslink does sound much better as my friend had on in his 528I( i know not a lexus )

fyi i have FS a new infinity bass link in a box ,unused with everthing in it i was going to install in my BMW to replace the bazzoka tube but never hada chance to as i sold the BMW .

i also have the bazzoka tube in great shape with everything to install it with for sale

I'm asking $150 for the bazzoka tube and $180 for teh bass link + shipping if your interested

i can take pics if you want.
im selling one or the other but not both.
Old 06-22-06, 05:31 PM
Aclarke
Driver

Originally Posted by RanGer498
I had a bazzoka 10" 150 watt tube in my bmw 528i and it sounded nice and the bass was decent considering i had no hole or anything going from the trunk area to the cabin,

the basslink does sound much better as my friend had on in his 528I( i know not a lexus )

fyi i have FS a new infinity bass link in a box ,unused with everthing in it i was going to install in my BMW to replace the bazzoka tube but never hada chance to as i sold the BMW .

i also have the bazzoka tube in great shape with everything to install it with for sale

I'm asking $150 for the bazzoka tube and $180 for teh bass link + shipping if your interested

i can take pics if you want.
im selling one or the other but not both.
Did you install this yourself or get some place in NJ to do it? I am not sure what places are good up here in North Jersey
Old 06-23-06, 03:52 AM
RanGer498
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aclarke
Did you install this yourself or get some place in NJ to do it? I am not sure what places are good up here in North Jersey
in my BMW i did it myself very very easy ! if you need a good shop i can give you a # to one that really good and fair with prices!