00 RX: Install OEM CD changer ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06, 09:58 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts
Default 00 RX: Install OEM CD changer ?

Hi All,

My girlfiend picked up her 2000 RX300 and it did not come with the changer. It does have the CD button on the headunit. So in my ebay quests, I found one, and got it for a very good price (under $100, claimed fully working with cart and yes, there is a warranty).

Is this a painful install ? Does anyone have any directions to help me out so I am not going in blind ? Any good detail would be helpful. I know it goes in the glove box but, that's about it, never saw one installed in a RX

Thanks !!
Old 07-01-06, 07:34 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Can anyone help or suggest a place to look ? I got the changer, it looks good, I just don't want to take the whole glove box apart unless I have more than a clue about installing it.

I was told(by 3 people) that the cable is already in the car, all I need to do is plug it in, then mount it.. SO, does anyone know where I should be pulling for the cable or should I need to pull the headunit out ?

I'd like to install this over this weekend so, she has music from her cds....

Thanks for any help people can give.
Old 07-01-06, 09:39 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I know this can be done relatively easily, but I haven't a clue how. I think for a while those changers were a dealer option, so they couldn't be too complicated . . . .

Let's try moving this thread to the audio forum and let the experts there take a shot at it.
Old 07-02-06, 09:34 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by Lil4X
I know this can be done relatively easily, but I haven't a clue how. I think for a while those changers were a dealer option, so they couldn't be too complicated . . . .

Let's try moving this thread to the audio forum and let the experts there take a shot at it.

Thanks, maybe I can find some help here. Does it mount in the glove box ? I was told the cable comes pre-installed in the car, can anyone point me in the right direction to find it (was looking with out pulling stuff apart with a flashlight and had no luck finding it) ?

Please help if you can
Old 07-03-06, 10:47 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Assuming that someone took out the changer when they sold the car, then it should plug back right in when you bought her a replacement. From my gs when I took out the changer in the glove box, it was just plug-n-play.
Old 07-06-06, 09:59 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

if you give me about a week or so i can find out...because i am having the Harman/Kardon Drive+Play put into my 00 and the guy has to unplug the cd changer in order to plug this thingy in...i can ask him where you should be looking.

but yea, that was an option that was to have been ordered with the car, but due to theft, the changers were actually installed until they got off the boat

and p.s....did u ever think to call the seller of the car...and ask them how they got it out and where they put the wires....?

but, let me know if you want me to find out for you

ajk
Old 03-15-07, 11:51 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Weather is better here (finally a warm day), I took a look at this again, and for the life of me I can not find where this cable needs to go. I talked to 2 lexus dealerships about this, as the RX never had a changer in there, all cars are wired for a changer from the OEM so it's just a matter of finding this cable.

Can anyone help ? My woman is hounding me to be able to play CDs