Sponsored by:

VAIS iPod interface

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 05:05 AM
ASPLS430
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VAIS iPod interface

I participated in the Vais ipod interface group buy, got the unit, and had it installed. It was perfectly on my Mark Levinson Navi unit using the MD emulation. I can control the ipod without any problems and everything works as promised, except I cant see the folder button to see the list of playlists. So I kinda have to guess what is considered say Disc 4 or 18 or 49. I think it basically lists each playlist as a disc and its in the order it is on my computer, but it would complete the picture if I could just access a the folder option in order to see what disc corresponds to what playlist instead of guessing. Anyone have this problem or the VAIS SLI installed on a ML Navi LS?
Old 07-01-06, 06:01 PM
psp
Pole Position

Hey Phil,

Thanks again for the install advice. On mine I can see the folders and song titles. The only problem is that I cannot see the "full screen" (artist, album, title and folder name); only a partial screen while moving. Also, I cannot direct access folders while moving (I can scroll folders from the Nav screen). I did not try the Nav over-ride with it (yet) but I am not hopeful.

On the good side, it works as promised and is way cool on the Nav screen. Thanks to Club Lexus and Vais Tech for the group buy, and to AsianScene for turning me on to Vic and Lawrence's shop to do the install.
Old 07-03-06, 06:44 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

This is a major design flaw it appears in all Lexus models. Apparently you have to do some sort of hack on your navigation system wiring to get this to work. I am looking for a procedure for the ES350. The one for an IS250/350 has been well documented but the wiring is different for the ES350. I have reported this issue to my dealer and to Lexus customer service. Hopefully this is something that will be fixed in future models.
Old 07-03-06, 08:20 AM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianScene
I participated in the Vais ipod interface group buy, got the unit, and had it installed. It was perfectly on my Mark Levinson Navi unit using the MD emulation. I can control the ipod without any problems and everything works as promised, except I cant see the folder button to see the list of playlists. So I kinda have to guess what is considered say Disc 4 or 18 or 49. I think it basically lists each playlist as a disc and its in the order it is on my computer, but it would complete the picture if I could just access a the folder option in order to see what disc corresponds to what playlist instead of guessing. Anyone have this problem or the VAIS SLI installed on a ML Navi LS?
Try the CD-MP3 emulation mode. On my 2006 IS 350 with ML, the MD mode did not show all the features, but in MP 3 mode, everything works great. Not all US radios actually have partial or full MD mode, it is not a feature for the US cars, but some seem to have it depending on the parts feeding the line on a given day...