Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Need your help to pick out what to use...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 10:55 AM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Need your help to pick out what to use...

Ok guys, I need your help on trying to figure out if I have over kill or not.

I use to compete in many SQ and SPL Drags back in the day and since I quit doing it quite years ago, I am starting to feel like a noobie.

I found some of my old equipment that I never sold, here it is:

Sub Amps: 2 x Crossfire BFM 1000D with adjustable (Gain) bass *****
Mid and High amp: 2 x Crossfire CFA 604

2 sets of Boston Pro: 6.5", 4", Tweet componet sets (Going to mount the 6.5" in all 4 doors with tweet and try to figure out how to mount the 4" somewhere for higher imaging.

I was looking at installing all of the above in my car, with the exception of only running 1 of the BFM 1000D's to a free air sub woofer (10" or 12" - but I still have to find a good one to use.)

Here is my problem, since I am installing my Air Runners, I am not going to have the room for a box and I only want to use the so called stock set up running either a good quality 10" or 12" free air sub. To me I am thinking over kill, but I only I only have to turn it up as much as I want, but then again, I use to compete in SPL drags and use to have 6 batteries and 6 caps running just the subs, and I really dont want to go down that road with upgrading the alternator either.

Help me out guys, I am old school and like my bass but hate the nightmare. Willing to take suggestions ......

Thanks,

Revhard191
Old 07-06-06, 01:44 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Were in the same boat. I'm in the process of re-doing my audio system with the same dilema, should I hook up both of my hungry subs with dual power amps?... Or, only install one pair, so that I might be able to fit a four foot bottle in the trunk?

I think you might be over-kill, with all that power man. You said it, "Nightmare" and it will be. Just go with one of each and sell me the other 2 I'll take those burdens off your hands

Bags or xtreem spl?? I'd settle for a little bass and much bags

How old are those boston pro's?
Old 07-06-06, 02:15 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

LayinLo,

I am contemplating on what to do about everything, but I am definately going to run the Air Runners for sure, the other stuff I just found in a box when cleaning out my garage and to tell you the truth, I completely forgot about everything since it was out of sign out of mind.

I really dont think I will sell anything as I liked them so much, but you never know. I want to install it into the car, but at the moment I am working on getting everything set up for the air then build around that.

As far as the Boston Pro's, they were the cream de la cream back in the day with a nice roll off and the most realistic sound given the processors that I use to have and the cross overs that are with them are huge. I need to figure out how to run everything as I don't want to hack up my car or the door panels to fit everything, but then again, if I can do it nicely with some help of others (Pics of their set ups.) then I may end up doing some custom fiber glassing to set my imaging high and with good staging.

I will let you know if I decide to let some of it go, I am still finding stuff in my garage like the PPI PEQ that I will never part with because of how nice it is, and to boot it looks alot like the stock with the exception of the bass control, and volume controls along with the cross over network.....Heck I just found a bunch of wire for the entire car from 0 to 10 guage. I found the treasure I forgot about.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 07-06-06, 02:46 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

I wish my trunk was this size

2nd gen gs trunk pic, this will get your creative juices flowing:

Last edited by LayinLo; 03-26-07 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-06-06, 02:49 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

wanna see another?

Last edited by LayinLo; 03-26-07 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-06-06, 03:35 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

WOW... That is a pretty clean set up, the only problem is where to put the tank and compressor....hahahaha....

That is a bunch of help for the creative juices.....

I wonder what type of box that is, bandpass, sealed, or ported thru the deck some how....

Gosh, now my brain is going to go into over drive....... I need to figure out a way so my wife can up my sons stroller into the back with our messing up anything....

Thanks for the pics.....keepem coming.

Cheers,

Revhard191