Sponsored by:

10 pin and 6pin adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 06:55 PM
Giggzz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10 pin and 6pin adapter

I been reading aroung the site trying to find the 10 pin and 6 pin adapter at the auto toys site and can not find it. anyone know where on the site it might be?

site - autotoys.com

Thanks...
Old 07-26-06, 07:17 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

you have to get the standard toyota 10 pin 6 pin speaker output adapter plugs sold everywhere. at best buy the number is 70-1761. but then you have to use a little screwdriver and unclip all the pins and rearrange them to match for the 98 to 2000 gs radio schematic which is totally different than any other toyota or lexus ever made. they will snap back into place. as i remember there is a 12 volt power coming into the radio on both the connectors not just one connector like toyotas. and then there is speaker outputs for left and right channel to the amp .there is no 4 channell output or sub output. all that sorting out is done in the lexus digital amp. this infdormation is for trhe pioneer made gs system. the 98 up nakamichi system has 3 connectors on the back with the power in the 8 pin connctor which is not commercially acvailable.
Old 07-27-06, 06:13 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
you have to get the standard toyota 10 pin 6 pin speaker output adapter plugs sold everywhere. at best buy the number is 70-1761. but then you have to use a little screwdriver and unclip all the pins and rearrange them to match for the 98 to 2000 gs radio schematic which is totally different than any other toyota or lexus ever made. they will snap back into place. as i remember there is a 12 volt power coming into the radio on both the connectors not just one connector like toyotas. and then there is speaker outputs for left and right channel to the amp .there is no 4 channell output or sub output. all that sorting out is done in the lexus digital amp. this infdormation is for trhe pioneer made gs system. the 98 up nakamichi system has 3 connectors on the back with the power in the 8 pin connctor which is not commercially acvailable.

is there anything you dont know
Old 11-22-06, 07:52 PM
chinkster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
lexusaudio, do you have the 98 gs 10 pin and 6 pin radio wire diagram?
Old 11-23-06, 06:02 AM
olddog
Pole Position

i have read about this. is this what they call the metra-kit or something like that?
what is its purpose. does it allow one to connect an a/market deck to stock amp or what?
i have an eclipse a/market deck and just spliced into the wires without actually chopping off the plug(in case i have to return to stock).
Old 11-25-06, 04:58 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chinkster
lexusaudio, do you have the 98 gs 10 pin and 6 pin radio wire diagram?
I used two 70-1761 kits and this wiring diagram:
http://www.paulhillmaniii.com/GS300/radio.pio.pdf

to make this:

All the power, ground, remote turn on, acc, illumination, wires are behind the stereo. All the speaker wires are at the amp.
Old 11-25-06, 06:44 PM
Giggzz
Driver

Im ot good with wiring I ahve tried for hours to get this to work. Would you sell one of those already wired together?
Old 11-26-06, 01:53 AM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to send me all of the harnesses, stereo instructions, and pictures of your original stereo, and a few bucks for shipping, I don't see why not.

But in all honesty, you're better off trying to find someone local to get it to work for you. Hard to do from the other side of the country/computer screen.