Sponsored by:

My installer cheated on my audio install

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 03:25 PM
cjones2402
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
I did pay with a Credit Card. This is the second time i go back to them with complaints. First time with the overcharge.

They way overcharged me the first time, now this. I think i will talk to the regional manager or whoever in Denver. For a 560$ Install, they could of thought something better than Ducktape

The reason the guy didn't run 14 gauge to my speakers and only to my doors is because the wires can't fit thru the rubber piece where all the other wires run. He said it could be done but it'd be a lot of work.

I'm just so tired of seeing they faces there it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't want to EVER see their faces again.
He said it could be done but it'd be a lot of work

WHAT THE HELL!!! thats his JOB....man..when i come up there please tell me where this shop is at...i really need to see it.(i wonder if its the same shop my lil brother walked in and heard his mix tape/cd playing at)...running wires is not hard...and if it is...he's in the wrong bizness...the whole concept of car audio is based on running wires...SMDH
Old 08-01-06, 03:40 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

And that's why you don't get stuff installed at large chains. You go to local places that take pride in their work.
Old 08-01-06, 08:45 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZ-GS300
And that's why you don't get stuff installed at large chains. You go to local places that take pride in their work.

werd!!
Old 08-01-06, 09:17 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

what cjones2402 said -whatever u THINK they giving u a discount on...they are not....the money they gave you will b added right back into the "extra" labor cost for doing the re-work..any labor should b free at this point...IMO they should have told you about the fiber glass baffels in the first place but seeing that 1 zillon ppl has put rears in and didnt use fiber glass should say something for the shop..POINT BLANK...they didnt count on you taking the doors off and see their work for a year or so-- if its not to late- get your money back and go somewhere else- its really upto how much trust you have in them- after I found out what they did i would of went to the manager - got a full refund- and gone to another shop- let us know
Old 08-02-06, 02:32 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Default Thought about it, thought about it, thought about it....

Bam, it really hit me . Those a$$holes are prolly laughing at me right now. This is complete bull$#%%. I pay money for labor to do a task, not only do they do it, they do it incorrectly....reck my speakers, and charge me money to get new ones. Not only do they tell me i need new speaker wires, the guy tried to tell me that 20 guage would be enough to run 85rms components and 55rms rears. So i buy new wires, they install them up to the doors and then tell me it would take too long to run them thru the tight space.

So i decided to call up their home office. Talked to this lady for 30 minutes, she started to laugh too because of the horrific job they did. She said she will input the information in and present it to the regional or w/e manager. I told them i NEVER EVER EVER in my lifetime do i wanna talk to anyone from that store, i don't want any work done from them, only a different location.

It shouldn't matter if it takes 5 minutes to put new speakers in or 3 hours and 5 minutes....the labor is paid for, bam, no questions asked. I feel like a moron....thanks for all the support guys
Old 08-02-06, 03:55 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had a shop tell me the same thing... they said "factory wire will be sufficient for 100 watts rms" to each speaker.

uhhhhhhhh ok.

basically they knew it was a pain in the rear to do it and didn't want to do it.

I was so mad I put up a web site about it...

http://cliffud.com/soundwerks/
Old 08-03-06, 12:10 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cliffud
i had a shop tell me the same thing... they said "factory wire will be sufficient for 100 watts rms" to each speaker.

uhhhhhhhh ok.

basically they knew it was a pain in the rear to do it and didn't want to do it.

I was so mad I put up a web site about it...

http://cliffud.com/soundwerks/
Wow Cliffud, thats a pretty intense website!! Did those people make you mad? What'd you end up doing after the install??

If i ever go bacak to this location i'm bringing my gloves
After i knock em on the ground, i'm going to my trunk and .....
Old 08-03-06, 01:17 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i went back and they cleaned the car, gave me my optima yellow top battery for free, removed the sticker that was on my dash, swapped out the speaker wires for better wires...

found out later that they used crappy rca wires and used an inline noise remover which brought the sound quality down to very crap levels... ugh- took a lot of work to get it back to normal.

just goes to show that even the small independent shops that have hummers, bmws, lexus vehicles, porsches, boats in the driveway may not necessarily be that great.
Old 08-03-06, 12:39 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

I've never let a stereo shop touch my car except for the alarm installation in my old pickup.

I'd always heard good things about soundwerks, but never seen any cars they've done.

Glad I'm still in the mood enough to do my own work.
Old 08-03-06, 08:02 PM
NewLSlover
Pole Position

This is EXACTLY why I take all my car electronics to Best Buy...for one, a gooood friend of mine works there...

and two, they guarentee their work FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR....no matter what it is, how long it takes...they will fix it....I've had to visit them twice already, both were free.

I'm all about a guarentee!
Old 08-03-06, 10:25 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by NewLSlover
This is EXACTLY why I take all my car electronics to Best Buy...for one, a gooood friend of mine works there...

and two, they guarentee their work FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR....no matter what it is, how long it takes...they will fix it....I've had to visit them twice already, both were free.

I'm all about a guarentee!
lol, so basically even if they do a ****ty job in the first place (or two) then theyl EVENTUALLY HAVE to get it right since it costs them money each time u bring the car back for repair.

interesting...
Old 08-04-06, 05:53 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

... The speakers were purchased off the internet?

You don't have a clue as to their age, sitting on the shelf. Plastics Deteriorate .

I fine it hard to expect an installer to warranty any speakers they do not provide.
Old 08-04-06, 07:27 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

They do provide a lifetime warrantee, its just a bogus warrantee and doesn't mean anything, they just say they need to do "additional" work to make it right (seal up rear speakers) which means more $$$. They say they'd need to do Fiber glass but i just say do something simple as cardboard and putty to seal up the holes.

Tammy: Lets say your car needs tires. You had 4 spare tires sittin in your garage. You go to Jiffy Lube to get them put on. One of those tires get put on backwards. After driving for 500 miles, you have a blow out and you wonder....this shop F'ed up. Should it be my responsibilty to replace this tire or the shops??? I'm sitting in the same boat. The speakers are no any older than 1 year and 3 months.

These speakers were not installed properly, they took labor charges for em. They did work on my car, they took labor for work they didn't do.
Old 08-04-06, 10:06 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well... I hesitate to respond,

Xeeeeeem -

I do very much sympathize with your situation. I'd be waving my fist, yelling "I'm Mad as hell,and not going to take it any more" (quote from Network)

Understand, I have a natural distrust of all service personnel... having lived as one myself.

Experiences like this give you wisdom. You'll be watchful and alert the next time ... everytime.

Sometimes we learn by getting screwed, and there no way around it.

I would like to think you got off cheap. Imagine if the job was home improvement ..

Best of luck with the replacement speakers...
Old 08-04-06, 12:20 PM
NewLSlover
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
lol, so basically even if they do a ****ty job in the first place (or two) then theyl EVENTUALLY HAVE to get it right since it costs them money each time u bring the car back for repair.

interesting...
The guy I go thru actually is damn good...he's getting his major in the electronics field, so he knows what the hell he's doing...Plus he gives me pretty good deals...

Quick Reply: My installer cheated on my audio install