Sponsored by:

vizualogic headrest monitors

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-06, 09:52 PM
richlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vizualogic headrest monitors

im gonna be getting some vizualogic headrest monitors with the dvd players built-in to each headrest so each screen can watch something different. i may try to install these myself but i was wondering where i should hook them up for power. they require a constant power, accessory power and ground. is there an easy place to wire them up for power without having to run a power wire from the battery or get inside the dash? i was thinking i could possiblly tap into the power for the seats for the constant power and then hit a 12V cig lighter for the accessory. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. oh, btw, this is for an RX350.
Old 08-22-06, 10:16 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

which ones are you getting? 7's or 9's?

i would run a wire from the ignition, and tap into a constant.
Old 08-22-06, 11:03 PM
richlexus
Driver School Candidate

getting the 7's, and each headrest has a separate dvd player. the 9's allow only one dvd player.
not sure how to wire up to the ignition?
Old 08-24-06, 04:53 PM
GregR
Driver School Candidate

Default A1250's

They came out with the A1250's last week. 7" with iPod and hardwire headphone attachment. I got a price from a local stero shop $1950 installed.
Old 08-25-06, 09:09 AM
richlexus
Driver School Candidate

interesting. i checked their website but it doesnt have any info on the a1250.
Old 08-25-06, 05:45 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

they're still pretty new. go ask a local authorized dealer about them. vizualogic's website isn't the best in the world either.
Old 08-31-06, 04:07 PM
richlexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 88supramki
they're still pretty new. go ask a local authorized dealer about them. vizualogic's website isn't the best in the world either.
i just ordered the a-1250 with the ipod connector and should be installed next week. hope its worth it for the extra coin. the shop where im getting them put in said that the older ones are on back order so all he could get right now is the newer model. ill try to post some pics when i get them installed if anyone is interested.
Old 09-07-06, 09:42 AM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Anything on this yet?

I'd tap into the stereo's wiring for the ignition and run a dedicated power from the battery or fusebox for the constant 12V. I would bet you could get a good ground at one of the bolts that's used to hold the seat to the body, or even the metal frame of the seats themselves.

Are these the kind that run the wires in the seats themselves through the headrest posts? If so, I'd think that the worst part of the installation would be running the wires down inside the seats.
Old 09-07-06, 09:02 PM
richlexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AZ-GS300
Anything on this yet?

I'd tap into the stereo's wiring for the ignition and run a dedicated power from the battery or fusebox for the constant 12V. I would bet you could get a good ground at one of the bolts that's used to hold the seat to the body, or even the metal frame of the seats themselves.

Are these the kind that run the wires in the seats themselves through the headrest posts? If so, I'd think that the worst part of the installation would be running the wires down inside the seats.

got my headrests installed tonight. so far so good. i watched the install so that when its time to sell the car, i can take them out and sell them and replace the original headrests. so far they seem great. the onscreen controls make it nice so that we're not fumbling with the remote.
the leather of the headrest is a decent match but not exact. its a shade darker and does not have the same grain as the lexus leather. i will take some pics and post them is someone is interested.
Old 09-08-06, 08:55 AM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Definately interested in seeing them. Have been looking for something similar to do with my GS.
Old 09-13-06, 10:06 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Yes please post some pictures.
I am interested in the look as well.
Seeing as I have another kid coming up and I dont think Superman would work for both of them. LOL...

I was looking into doing a similar set up but possibly putting the DVD players where the back armrest is.

But if this is an all in one solution and its good to go then COOL!

With the set you purchased can you tell me the price = installation please?
Old 09-13-06, 10:59 PM
richlexus
Driver School Candidate

sorry for the delay guys. been really tied up. anyways, heres a pic that gives you a good idea of how they look in the rx. i paid $1800 out the door installed. been having alittle bit of an issue with the drivers side player locking up occasionally but ive contacted vizualogic and they told me that they will take care of it. i guess we shall see how good their customer service is, still waiting to hear back from them on a final answer on how to get the monitor replaced. otherwise, the picture is quality is excellent and having two players has been great since my son can watch one and i can watch the other when my wife drives
Attached Thumbnails vizualogic headrest monitors-cimg0559.jpg