Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

93 es300 radio, decisions decision

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06 | 06:58 AM
itsme4g63
Driver

Default 93 es300 radio, decisions decision

Posted this up in the es300 forum with no response, though some audi guys would help me out here:

I've had my es300 for a year already, ever since I got it the radio (some sort of jvc cd player type) had this whine in it, the whine would change sound/inensity based upon the engine rotation/rev. I went to an audi shop and was told that this was the radio problem and that is was time for a new radio. I didnt want to purchase a radio from the audi shop knowing their prices are monstrous compared to anything I can find on ebay. If any of you with audio knowledge/experience/interests could tell me whats a nice replacement I can get for my es300? I dont need a satellite one or anything that flips out, but something that works good with the stock speaker system and maybe plays mp3s. Any input much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by itsme4g63; 09-07-06 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-06-06 | 11:17 AM
azmalu
Driver School Candidate

Thats sad they tried to convince you it was your radio. You just have a loose ground ..... Pull out your HU . USe a flat screwdriver find a spot to reattach ground first scratch off any point so that you have a clean spot. Reattach ground 15 minutes of greasework fixed your problem. ....Your second set of questions. You will see that most all HU now play mp3's. The question is do you want something that looks a little bit more OEM like a double din unit using an adapter or are you okay with single din and whats your price range? Do you plan on expanding by adding subs or replacing factory speakers? All HU will accomodate a sub usually mid level will also have a sub volume control built-in even if it doesnt have 3 sets of preouts. RMS wattage variance is very minimal (15-25 rms per channel) Alpine and Kenwood seem to have more tweaks within their menu's than say Pioneer or Sony. I used to love the simplicity and appeal of Pioneer but after I got an Alpine I noticed a huge difference. Sorry if this sounds like jargon but PM me if you have more questions.
Old 09-07-06 | 03:04 PM
itsme4g63
Driver

Actually, I saw this a coupel days ago and seemed like a reasonably priced radio.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I plan to keep the stock speakers till they blow, and then replace them with other stock speakers. I dont want the hassle of moutning aftermarket ones. I will look into this gorund thing. THanks alot for the help.

Damian.