Sponsored by:

Iasca & Usac

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 01:04 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Iasca & Usac

What's up with IASCA & USAC? Are the only places for events in the Southern half of the US, or some backwoods random places in the Northeast? What, are there not enough participants in the Northeast??? Apparently SLAP shows have gone away too. I looked at the batch of locations for both, and it's pretty damn hard for anybody in the Northeast to compete in these shows without putting 1000's of miles on the car.
Anybody know of any alternatives?
Old 10-15-06, 01:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

IASCA has gone down the drain in socal. The event use to be held once a month at Image Dynamics when they were still located in Gardena, CA. The biggest turnout was the first event that had about 20 participants. There were times when only 6 people showed up, so they canceled the show. It's sad though because I was looking foward to competing.

IASCA made a big mistake when they wanted the previous world final to be held at NOPI

Honestly, I haven't been into audio for the sole reason that IASCA became sh|t.
Old 10-15-06, 01:35 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This all seems odd to me, because you have plenty of installers in all of the urban areas and surrounding suburbs, across the country. I'm guessing that no organization has done a good job of promoting the competition aspect of this stuff. I'm really pissed, because I'm just finishing a killer SQ install (my second in this '99 GS), and getting into competitions is difficult at best, or nonexistent.

I wouldn't mind seeing it grouped with a babefest (like NOPI), but it tends to make it cheezy as far as a serious competition goes.
Old 10-15-06, 09:27 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Another reason many people believe IASCA is dead in the west is because IASCA decided to move finals to NOPI, all the way in the east coast. Many west coasters wanted to go, but because of the distance, many opted out since the cost of towing the cars wasn't cheap. I dont think retrodrive even went, and he attended last year.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy audio day to day on my way to school. I really wanted to compete
Old 10-15-06, 10:53 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.dbdragracing.com thats what ive always competed in, its just bass.

Originally Posted by engin_ear
This all seems odd to me, because you have plenty of installers in all of the urban areas and surrounding suburbs, across the country. I'm guessing that no organization has done a good job of promoting the competition aspect of this stuff. I'm really pissed, because I'm just finishing a killer SQ install (my second in this '99 GS), and getting into competitions is difficult at best, or nonexistent.

I wouldn't mind seeing it grouped with a babefest (like NOPI), but it tends to make it cheezy as far as a serious competition goes.
Old 10-17-06, 11:20 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in the WEST COAST (SoCal), they are forming something called a TRIFECTA??... It is headed by some car audio mag and some previous/current IASCA Judges... Hopefully some manuf can step up to the plate and make it interesting again .

I remember the days when a trophy was soo big that it would not fit in your car and the prize pool was enough to cover most of your expenses to take your car to Finals.

With the dawn of MP3's and OEM Integration and really expensive OEM replacement parts, I think most people that wanted to compete decided not to do it if all they are going to get is basically a PLAQUE or some lame 24" Throphy that doesn't even have your name on it.

Plus the mags/rags these days are full of "BLING MY RIDE" which really doesn't help "SQ" at all...

The MARKET is just not what it used to be I guess...

Just my take on things...

MIke