Sponsored by:

my backlight for AC and Gear shift is gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-01 | 09:21 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

Default my backlight for AC and Gear shift is gone

Hi all....
After installing my Alpine CVA1005 and my Macs and dyns....I noticed that I lost the lighting on my AC, my gear shifter, and the seat heating buttons.....The green light on the AC is still there as with the screen that displays the temperature but the light that lights up the letters on the buttons are gone. I looked at the manual to try to locate the fuse associated but I couldn't find a fuse that's broken.
Does anybody know what could be the problem?

Also, I wired the illumination to my screen and it should automatically dim when I turn on the lights but it doesn't. I'm assuming it is the illumination because the voltage goes down (using multimeter on the lead) as I dim the panel lights and vice versa. I think the wire is black/white....can anyone confirm this? I took the wire out of the harness that housed the 12volt, gnd, and the ignition (from the factory radio) . There's a total of 5 wires and I am using one of the two left over as the illumination...The other harness that goes to the radio I am assuming to be speaker leads...

Anybody that knows the wiring schematics please help out
Thanks
Andrew

Still waiting for my backordered Mac x-over
Old 10-19-01 | 05:08 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Dude take the illumination wire out I think your shorting the system.

I had the same problem with my Clarion unit and I blew the ECU fuse(Why I don't know?)
Old 10-19-01 | 10:16 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Did you try to find the illumination also? Lexus says they'll have to look at it but they're going to charge a $60 diagnostic fee....

I've checked 6 or 7 fuses that I thought were relevant to the lighting but none were popped?

Man...I'm dying to figure out what those two wires are....I really thought one was the illumination since the voltage goes up and down as I vary the pannel dimmer switch.
Old 11-17-11 | 06:53 PM
trez_doz
Driver School Candidate

hi, I have the same problem, if not even more. My shifter, climate control, seat heater, cig lighter and ignition switch lights are all out. This happened when i was trying to change one of the lights to a diff color and i forgot to take out the terminals for the battery which caused it to short

Now i dont know where to look. ive checked all the fuses like you did but still nothing lights up.

If you get the solution to this problem please say so.

thanks
kevin