Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Last abnormality before success; sub absence or wrong speaker connection

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-06, 08:30 AM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last abnormality before success; sub absence or wrong speaker connection

I hooked up my speakers but I haven't hooked up the sub cos am waiting on my 4 guage amp kit. Right now when I play cds the speakers sound kind of weird;the music plays but I can only hear certain highs and mids (like just the double voicing and the rest of the song in the background).
but when I swicth to radio, it sounds somehow normal but of course without bass.Also the nav voic/route guide sounds clear and nice from the speakers like it should.
Is the absence of the sub causing this or is my speaker connection wrong? I saw 4 wires for the front speakers from the a/market unit (1 pair of one color and another pair of another color) and I guessed they were R+,L+,R-,L- respectively.
So I connected the fronts like that cos they were 4 wires also from the stock harness. Same for the rear.One thing is when I switch the sound position to either the front right or left position, the sound becomes louder like normal.
What do u guys think? Absence of sub or wrong speaker connection?(if I wired the speaker wrongly, they shouldn,t sound at all right?
sorry for the long story but this the only abnormality in my install.
Input guys,please.
Old 10-31-06, 08:41 AM
chubb74
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having the same issue when I installed mine on Sunday. Wierd sound like a main singer and a real far background singer right? I used the line level input and tweake dit a bit. I have everything working sub(kicker free air) and all speakers just as it was before the Navi. Still using the factory amps for everything. The only issue I am having is well 2 issues one I tucked my cig cord behind the radio so I have to use the arm rest lighter for my charger and my driver sidetweeter is not working. Sorry to rambnle but to answer your question you could have the wires in the wron direction meaning neg - pos instead of the normal way pos-pos. So you will get sound but it will distort the sound greatly. So I suggest to try a line level input after you flip the wires to opposite of where they are now.
Old 10-31-06, 09:28 AM
olddog
Pole Position

Default hey

thanks
I will try switching the wires to see what happens.
how did u wire the sub to work with the stock speakers and sub.
I already got a mon amp for my sub would still like to know.
common share knowlegde.
Old 10-31-06, 09:09 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default hey

i swapped the speaker wires but same problem. when i set equalizer to flat and everything else to normal, it sounds as described(double voiceing parts are normal but actual song plays faraway in background.
it sounds normal when i set the POS (position ) to either font left or front right(which shouldn't be.)
any other input guys?
Old 10-31-06, 11:38 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

check your DSP setting. make sure that lame *** thing is OFF
Old 11-01-06, 08:43 AM
olddog
Pole Position

when iset it the DSP to club it comes up a bit and sounds like normal. but when I set it to off ,u barely evn hear the sound from the speakers. it sounds so buzzy. but still the nav voice comes out smooth and loud.
Old 11-01-06, 10:44 AM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The absense of the sub will not cause any of those problems you are describing. There could be something wrong with your head unit, you hooked something up wrong, or your EQ settings are all screwed up.
Old 11-01-06, 02:51 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default hey

i think am just going to get an amp for the speakers. that way i know its not the connection.
Old 11-01-06, 09:32 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default Success Success Success

I finally got it.
it was allmy mistake.I thought because the speaker wires from the eclipse were 2 pairs of 2 different colors,I thought they were I from each pair for each speaker but no.
it is the 2 same colors for each speaker.
man the stock speakers are not as bad. they sound better with an aftermarket unit(way smoother and crisp IMO)
can't wait to hook up my stock sub with an aftermarket amp to see what it produces.
anyways thanks everyone . my install is great now

Last edited by olddog; 11-01-06 at 09:36 PM.