Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

infinity perfect or Alpine Type R component?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06, 03:15 PM
FSUnoles
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default infinity perfect or Alpine Type R component?

im debating which one, i get wholesale on both but i can't figure out which to get. same goes for their 10 inch subs
Old 11-05-06, 05:10 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd probably go Infinity myself.
Old 11-07-06, 09:43 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

if its between the 2...Infinity.

Unless you can cop sum Type-x stuff
Old 11-10-06, 07:20 PM
350g
Driver

I'd go infinity . . . I've owned the type r components & subs and personally, I wasn't too impressed. Now if you mentioned Alpine Type X components & subs, I'd change my vote (I'm a bit biased: I'm installing all type X components & 12" subs into my LS)

G
Old 11-10-06, 08:00 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350g
I'd go infinity . . . I've owned the type r components & subs and personally, I wasn't too impressed. Now if you mentioned Alpine Type X components & subs, I'd change my vote (I'm a bit biased: I'm installing all type X components & 12" subs into my LS)

G
Originally Posted by Emerald
if its between the 2...Infinity.

Unless you can cop sum Type-x stuff
Originally Posted by engin_ear
I'd probably go Infinity myself.
Like what the others said, between the two - Infinity
Old 11-15-06, 12:59 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

Default Do it!

I just installed a set of the Infinity perfect 6.1 into my 03 es. they are pretty amazing. if you dont have comparable bass to go along with them they will pierce your brain <-- okay maybe an exaggeration but damn they are loud! i would def suggest them, especially if you go them at acomadation price....i did too. you cant beat a pair of $500 componets for 150 bucks. plus i def. favor infinity speakers over alpine all day long!

I have a 12" perfect 12.1d for sale if anyone is interested!
Old 11-15-06, 10:43 PM
kietlander
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

infinty over type r's anyday.
Old 11-15-06, 11:15 PM
vsynergy
Driver

The Alpines would rock the Infinitys, especially their subs. The titanium used on the Perfect's tweeter is too bright and ear piercing, not smooth and laid back at all. The Type-R's tweeters sound nice due to the silk material used. Also Perfect's midrange drivers have no low frequency midbass at all. The Type-R on the other hand will go as low as 35hz.

As for subs, it depends on how much power you've got. If you're planning to run less than 300rms watts, go for the Infinity. If you've got more to spare, the Type-R. In the right enclosure, the Type-R can extend realll low. It's a very underrated sub and will handle past the RMS rating eaisly. I've got 900+RMS watts to one Type-R 12 daily and it's been taking it fine for the past few months.

So..Alpine over Infinity =].
Old 11-15-06, 11:43 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vsynergy
The Alpines would rock the Infinitys, especially their subs. The titanium used on the Perfect's tweeter is too bright and ear piercing, not smooth and laid back at all. The Type-R's tweeters sound nice due to the silk material used. Also Perfect's midrange drivers have no low frequency midbass at all. The Type-R on the other hand will go as low as 35hz.

As for subs, it depends on how much power you've got. If you're planning to run less than 300rms watts, go for the Infinity. If you've got more to spare, the Type-R. In the right enclosure, the Type-R can extend realll low. It's a very underrated sub and will handle past the RMS rating eaisly. I've got 900+RMS watts to one Type-R 12 daily and it's been taking it fine for the past few months.

So..Alpine over Infinity =].

The perfect tweeters aren't titanium, they are made of aluminum. They actually sound pretty natural, not all that harsh to me. The mid blends in with the tweeter pretty well.

Yes, the perfects are a little weak in midbass, but there's no way that the type-r's can play down to 35hz in a car...most 8" woofers will have a hard time playing that low, let alone a 6.5" woofer. If that plays down to 35 hz, then there's no need for subwoofers.

As far as the subs, its pretty much a toss up, I kinda prefer the perfects sq over the type r

Last edited by vin 78; 11-15-06 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-16-06, 12:25 PM
MoreMGD32
Pole Position

I would say that the infinity's do sound very natural but to some people can be on the crisp side. Not very much midbass or bass but if you have an amp behind them they will fill in alot more. go with infinity highs and type R lows if you have ample wattage
Old 11-16-06, 12:41 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

had them and moved on to a diff sub. they were good but can't handle a ton of power. I blew 2 with my amp.
Old 11-17-06, 10:47 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Between the two I'd go with the Infinity Components. For subs I like the Alpine's better.