Sponsored by:

need help with speakers for gs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-01, 07:51 AM
gsnav
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with speakers for gs

Does it matter if i get all of my mids now or can i just upgrade them 2 at a time since money is a constraint. I want almost the best but not sure if i want to spend that kind of money. For example, are the polks in bananaGs's car as good as focal or dynaudio. Please help.
Old 10-23-01, 08:17 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Not Quite

Albert - Polk makes a fine speaker but it's not in the same class as Dyns or Focals. BTW - while I'm running Focals, I will give the nod to DynAudio's as a warmer sounding speaker ( dispersion pattern isn't as tight either ). If it sounds like Percy finally won me over, it's partially true but I did get to audition some Dyns a month or so ago ( for the first time ) & my ears convinced me. Not sure that they're the best for competition because the RTA seems to like the slighly harsher Focals but the Dyns R smooth! Plus ( as we've stated before ) name recognition in competition is still important & can sway judges ( although it's NOT supposed to work that way ). Back to the question - er, what was it again?? Darn senior moment!!
Yes, just upgrade as your budget allows but do the front stage first as that's your primary listening environment. Have fun with it!