Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Simple Audio upgrade to 98 LS, will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 12:24 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Audio upgrade to 98 LS, will this work?

Hey guys I just posted this in the LS400 forum but figured I may get some replies by posting here from people who have other models but may have done the same thing.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=249346

Hey guys coming here for some advice.

First off I like the Stock stereo in my 98 LS. I works just fine, but I had a 07 GS350 for like 6 weeks then test drove a 07 IS350 and the stereos in those cars just sounds much better than mine and now have been feeling like I'm lacking some bass.

So the point is I'm not trying to have my car pounding the neighbors (I had a IASSCA competition system in my Honda CRX Si when I was a kid, so been there and done that). So I am just looking to pump some fresh new life into my stereo to satisfy me until I get a new car. Looking at 04 LS430's Ultras for maybe mid next year.

Anyways I just sent this email below to my service tech at JM Lexus. They do all my work and spoil me rotten. I have two Lexus and put 15k miles on each every year so I'm in there all the time for regular maintenance.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:20 PM

To: 'JM Lexus Bill'

Subject: LS400 Stereo Question

Mr Bill

Hey have not heard from you. I guess you have figured it out. Well after riding in that GS and even test driving the new IS I'm starting to get the itch to upgrade the Stereo in my LS. I will keep the Stock Radio and door speaker just looking to add more bass and maybe more power the main speakers?

I need your help because different answers.

So below are my questions

1. Where is the Stereo Amplifier located in my car? Some sources say under the front passenger seat, others say in the trunk.

2. Can you find out if what the wiring diagram is for the stereo? What I need to know is what speaker wires are going into the Amp from the radio? Is it just 4 wires left right, front and left right rear, or is there a separate 5th wire for the sub?

I am looking at adding this Infinity powered Sub that also has a 4x50 watts amp build in. It has 4 inputs for front and rear L and R speakers. Then crosses over the bass to the Sub. This could be perfect for my car. I can mount it right where my stock sub is get more bass and send cleaner power to my mains. Its sounds simple in theory but nothing ever is.....Se the link below.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XeQflO8...=off&s=0&cc=01

Infinity BassLink II Expansion Package
BassLink II powered sub with 4-channel amplifier module

Hey last question, if I were to get this sub. Could Dave install it, even for a fee?

This will be a Christmas gift so no rush to get back with, just don't forget please.

By the way my car is just running awesome, thanks again for all your's and Dave's great work.

Jerry