Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

So many problems installing in-dash DVD. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-06, 05:46 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So many problems installing in-dash DVD. PLEASE HELP ME!!

The other day on black friday, i bought a Dual in-dash DVD XDVD8181. Today, a friend tried to help install this system on my 93 sc400. well, we got the stock stereo out and couldnt wire the new one. we couldnt find a hot wire and didnt know how to wire it in general. well, i brought it down to best buy (where i bought it) and they said cause it was the premium system and had an amp it would cost $225-$250. So i put it all back together and am now debating wheter to return it. Is there any way to do this without spending $250? they said they would need to rewire the hole car. is there any other way? please help me, cause i would really like to keep this.

oh, and i got a great deal, it was $350.
Old 11-26-06, 07:01 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is no need to rewire the entire car just because they want to install an a/market unit.
1. first thing first, get the wiring diagram for your sc. am sure u will find it on here using search because a lot people have passed it around.
2. am not sure about your sc but for my gs, u cannot utilize the stock amp and sub with an a/market unit(it is too intergrated in the stock system, as the experts say)
3. when u get the wiring diagram. use it to locate the power wire , and acc wire, that will bring life to your unit. u will also see which ones are for speakers.
4. from there its just a matter of wiring up.

LISTEN, the most important thing is if u are not confident or sure of yourself, save up the money and let the pros do it. but i was in your shoes before and trust me, with the help of the wiring diagrams, the search button, and question asking on Clublexus, i as able to install my own a/market unit. it is not a big eal. just be careful and do not damage anything. ask more(reasonable) questions if need be.
good luck.
Old 11-26-06, 07:45 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IM going throught the same thing right now I found that the

blue with yellow stip on top plug = 12v
grey = acc
ground = brown or just put it on a bolt to the car

Now im just trying to find witch ones go to the speakers.

And to the guy above me if you installed your HU then why not just list what wires you hooked up or post the wiring diagram you used?
Old 11-26-06, 08:08 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default hey

Originally Posted by Toshima
IM going throught the same thing right now I found that the

blue with yellow stip on top plug = 12v
grey = acc
ground = brown or just put it on a bolt to the car

Now im just trying to find witch ones go to the speakers.

And to the guy above me if you installed your HU then why not just list what wires you hooked up or post the wiring diagram you used?
buddie, the name is olddog and are u asking or demanding? because your tone sounds or looks like u think i owe it to u to post.
anyways, 2 reasons why i won't do what u ask,
1. the wiring diagram for my gs and the threadstarters sc are significantly different and,
2. the wiring diagram of our cars are infos which have been passed along the forum a million times. so use the search function.
Old 11-26-06, 09:58 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

LOL plz my tone can you hear me? Also im not asking or telling you I dont give a **** what you do but if if you dont have some info he can use then dont post. post a link to the wiring diagram or somthing. Plus fighting over the net is gay because who gives a **** your not telling it to me in person.
Old 11-26-06, 11:40 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default hey

Originally Posted by Toshima
LOL plz my tone can you hear me? Also im not asking or telling you I dont give a **** what you do but if if you dont have some info he can use then dont post. post a link to the wiring diagram or somthing. Plus fighting over the net is gay because who gives a **** your not telling it to me in person.
u are a loser.if u don't give a **** why jump in when i was trying to help him and why take your time to post a reply if you are not gay.
plus i see u are not smart cos the info i gave him should give him a start on his problem.
all u could have done was explain, son of man.
Old 11-27-06, 01:22 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

children, children.

Toshima: Olddog doesn't have an SC. So he probably doesn't care to try to search for wiring diagrams for a car he doesn't have. He gave him a recommendation of what he should do. Now instead of telling olddog what to do, why not help vince search for the SC wiring diagrams?

olddog: You're stooping to his level of childish behavior. Then again, you don't seem very old if you can't take the time to spell out even the most basic words like "YOU".
Old 11-27-06, 02:58 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Can i just get some help please? lol does anyone have a wiring diagram b/c ive searched and cant find one..
thanks
Old 11-27-06, 06:06 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Yea you guys win YAYA and childish behavor hes the one that took it up the ***, saying I was demanding him all I did was ask him a question but + 1 for AZ-GS300 for being mom.

This will work if you have a pioneer http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf

or you can dl the other ones here
http://www.technicalhelp4u.com/lexus/NakHack.htm
Old 11-27-06, 07:01 PM
olddog
Pole Position

AZ-GS300, we have gone over this if i recall. what does using shorthand form have to do with being mature or not
You(AZ-GS300 have answered a lot of questions for me when i was lost on certain things. thanks for that
And oh, am in no rush to grow old either
but like Toshima said, thanks AZ-GS300 for being mom or grandmom
Old 11-27-06, 07:17 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Cut the B.S. in this thread immediately pls.
Old 11-27-06, 09:10 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread is being watched. It has apparently already outlived its usefulness. Any further posts that are not helping the original topic and this thread is closed.
Old 11-27-06, 09:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

OLT accidently left off the 'or else'... the or else is a two week suspension and 12 month infraction on your account.

Olddog, Toshima I advise you to revisit the rules you agreed to follow when you joined Club Lexus.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq.php

Pay special attention to personal attacks, response to comments and profanity sections.

If you have any questions PM me. Otherwise please post only to help Vince,
Old 11-27-06, 11:51 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

if there is no good info by tomorrow, i will try to remember to get the wire codes from work.
Old 11-28-06, 05:29 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

You could also run the wires to all the speakers and bypass the factory amp. Its not hard just takes time. Or you can run your all of your wire that plug into the speakers all the way to the trunk. There is a plug on the factory amp that sends all the signals out to each speakers. Cut that plug off and and run the wires that you ran back to the trunk to the wires on the the plug you just cut off.

red and white wires = rear right
black and yellow wires = rear left
blue and teal wires = front right
pink and purple = front left
There are 2 wire left over from the plug you cut off from the amp a blue with yellow strip thats is a 12v and a brown that is a ground just cut them and tape them off.

And the three wire you can wire togather up front, I think from the top plug just cut and wire your hu to
blue with yellow strip = 12v(yellow on hu)
grey = acc(red)
ground(black) = (brown) or just run the wire to a bolt on the cars chassi

As for the antina I will work on it in a 2 days have to work tomorrow. This is how I just did it There is probably a easyer way but I could'nt find it. Also I dont know if this makes a difference but my car had the factory pioneer hu well this is what worked for me. I just finished tonight.

Last edited by Toshima; 11-28-06 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: So many problems installing in-dash DVD. PLEASE HELP ME!!