Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Street Effectz latest project in progress....PICS INSIDE :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-01, 09:18 PM
Ron@SE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Effectz latest project in progress....PICS INSIDE :)

Old 10-30-01, 10:43 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

OK DON'T JUST TEASE ME!!

Whose car is that?? What kinda subs are those? What power output? How much did the setup cost?? More pics??

Don't just leave me hanging with those INCREDIBLE pics!! Give me all the details!!!!!!

BTW: By Christmas time I will be putting in my new system which will look somewhat similar to that one!! If this place is good w/ Lexus' and has experince, I would appreciate if you could give me some shop info so I could call them!! THANX
Old 10-30-01, 10:45 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, pretty nice! justin, if you find someone in the HB area, or orange county area that does really really good work, let me know too! i'm thinking about my SC
Old 10-30-01, 11:01 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

DO-LUCK

It seems like it's getting harder and harder to find a good installer these days. Every shop I go to puts down the others!! LOL I don't know who to belive.

However, I have seen some work from Gold Star Audio which is located about 2 min. from John Wayne Airport. I heard some bad stories about them but when I stopped by they were VERY FRIENDLY and even let me test out Pioneer's Show Car which they installed!!
Old 10-30-01, 11:22 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

hi justin!
so true. i wouldn't go to gold star audio. i don't like them at all. they treated me like ***** when came in there. they charged me a couple hundred bucks more for doing fiberglass when tehy knew i had a lexus. but little did they know, i called earlier to see how much it would cost for a honda, and they changed prices! but anyhow, i've heard good things from western audio on warner and harbor, "they take care of your car like it was theirs" and al and ed's on beach blvd, "they charge a lot, but it turns out nice." i believe al and ed's is over priced, but i'm debating on beach auto sound, or western audio. i don't like competition soundworks because i see too many "thuggies" in the back. afterall, i WOULD love to see my car complete. but i'm leaning more towards western audio, because "they treat every car like it was theirs" but who knows....
Old 10-31-01, 02:18 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Damn Ron, those pics look awesome!!
what kind of lighting did u use???
Old 10-31-01, 07:53 AM
Ron@SE
Rookie

I don't understand why shops would put down other shops. Well, yes I do, cuz they want to make the money! Never the less, that's just rude and ridiculous. I look at it like this....if you go into a shop, and they are friendly, CLEAN, organized, etc etc, they are generally a decent shop. There are some EXTREMELY talented people out there though that could be working in a **** hole, so never underestimate. Look at pics of work they have done, even ask to see something in progress to see how they wire things (that's very important if you ask me.....you know, not looking up under your dash and see strings of wire just stuffed up there).

Don't get me wrong, being an installer and all, I have been to several shops, and there are shops that I just would never recommend anyone to go to, but I would NEVER say that, its just not right, know what I mean?

Besides that, the shop should treat your car like it was there own. Don't let anyone near it, take special care not to scratch any interior or exterior pieces....just treat it like it was a piece of fine china.

On top of all that, CUSTOMER SERVICE is key.....take the time to talk to the customer, not just you need this this and this and it's gonna cost this. Being friendly with customers shouldn't be a big deal, right? But again, it all comes down to making money...they want you in and out.

LexDriver18.......Anyway, we are in South Plainfield, NJ so me coming to Cali would be kinda hard, unless you wanna fly me out there That's a 2001 Acura CLS. Those are Pioneer Premier 1041C's and yes, it hits hard and is VERY clean.....but a lot went into spec'ing out the box with the mirror and angles and all. It fires into the floor, so that was a factor too.

As for lighting, it's teal and purple neon with neon wire wrapped around the subs....it give such a great effect, especially on the amp rack in the middle...makes it looks like its floating.

Stay tuned....more to come on this project....
Old 10-31-01, 08:14 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the info Ron!!
Old 10-31-01, 12:47 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

RON,

Thanx for the post!! It's nice to have an installer on the board and from those pics, you are the creme of the crop! As for you installing my system, that might be a little hard!! HAHA

DO-LUCK,

I have LOTS of experience with Al & Ed's Autosound on Beach. I know a few of the guys that work in there and they are all VERY helpful and EXTREMELY friendly!! They always take time out to show me what's new and who's getting what done (since I am in there every month). I've seen them do MANY custom installs and they all seem to come out nice. My only beef is that they DO charge an arm and a leg!! Plus, they get a lot of people coming in there so the work would take a while to finish!! I will have to try Western Audio and see how they are

Thanx again for the post Ron!! GREAT WORK!!
Old 10-31-01, 12:57 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

DO-LUCK,

I have a question for you. How much have you been quoted for system installs?? I have a 2000 GS400...

My goal is to put 2 12" Kicker L7's on that little ledge in the back part of my trunk (do the SC's have that ledge?)... I want it done much like Ron has his set-up. I want it enclosed w/ fiberglass and I would HOPE to have some nice lighting to go with it. The only difference would be that I would want the subs to face FORWARD so that you can see them.

What are your system goals?? What kinda prices have you been gettting??

If you want, you can PM me or email me at justin@teamlexstacy.com

LATE
Old 10-31-01, 05:30 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

oh man, i got my crap installed at a "nobody" shop and they messed up everything. i had to clean everything up, meaning taking out my seats, panels, re-do my amp rack. they charged me about 450 for head unit, tv tuner, two amps, speakers, and sub woofer. this was installation only. i kinda get hook ups if you want. i NEVER buy anything at full cost dealing with car audio! As far as system goes, i'm more into that mobile multimedia thing. it's crazy when suv's or regular cars look into my car when i'm watching the news on the way home from school. i'm not into bass really. i just use a 10" free air in the stock location. maybe we can go to western audio together! maybe they'll hook us up with two cars. the neon lights in the trunk is cool looking, but it's not for me. in the trunk, i dont' have that ledge that the gs's do. my trunk is small. i'm thinking about a motorized amp rack that will lay above the spare tire because i'd hate to lose the spare since i'm running on 18's. also my car is daily driven. but fiberglass work is about 400 for the spare wheel well in my car. let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 10-31-01, 08:39 PM
Ron@SE
Rookie

Mobile Multi-Media is the way to be:

Old 10-31-01, 10:57 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

wow. that's crazy! nice job man. i'm thinking of two headrests and just the head unit. hehe, i have a small car.
Old 11-01-01, 09:52 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Again, awesome pics Ron!!!
I love the screens in the sun thingies (can't remember the English word for it, sorry).
Old 11-01-01, 11:28 AM
Ron@SE
Rookie

Thanks....SUNVISORS I believe is the word you're looking for LOL....I personally like the one up in the rearview mirror

Here's a better shot of it before I put it in the car:

Quick Reply: Street Effectz latest project in progress....PICS INSIDE :)