Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

HELP... Eclipse AVN-5435 Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-07, 08:56 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question HELP... Eclipse AVN-5435 Questions...

Quick questions on the unit. Had it for a couple of months now and it works perfect. But I do have some questions on the unit.

1. Is there really only 6 stations for FM?
2. My navigation works but it does not reroute automatically nor does it tell me to turn left or right. Just routes the direction then when i get there then it says destination has arrived. But always have to look at the map so the navi is useless. Think my installer messed up somewhere.
3. Also, my emergency brake is on so I can watch my DVD's while driving. Does that have to with anything regarding the auto reroute.
4. I'm getting bad reception but my installer said the antenna is wired correctly but radio stations are unclear and horrible.

Any help would be great.
Old 01-05-07, 09:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by BklynJay
Quick questions on the unit. Had it for a couple of months now and it works perfect. But I do have some questions on the unit.

1. Is there really only 6 stations for FM?
2. My navigation works but it does not reroute automatically nor does it tell me to turn left or right. Just routes the direction then when i get there then it says destination has arrived. But always have to look at the map so the navi is useless. Think my installer messed up somewhere.
3. Also, my emergency brake is on so I can watch my DVD's while driving. Does that have to with anything regarding the auto reroute.
4. I'm getting bad reception but my installer said the antenna is wired correctly but radio stations are unclear and horrible.

Any help would be great.
1) Don't know your specs but check for FM2 and FM3 settings
2) I'd wager good money your speed sensor is not corrected.. that's exactly what mine did. Mine is older but this still may help you get it right... took multiple tries on mine. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=speed+sensor
3) no, see above. You should just get your e-brake sensor wire grounded.
4) That's not correct... mine are nice and clear.
Old 01-09-07, 10:05 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same unit and am a MECP certified mobile installer. There are Fm1/2/3 options with 6 presets on each. I don't remember which option switches them however because I unplugged my FM in my car to a)get rid of the R/C antenna and b) I'm all about sat radio!!
2) Auto re-route has to be turned on through the Navi setup menu. It has nothing to do with the speed sensor, frankly you can disconnect the speedsensor and it would work fine just be a little behind the gun on the directions. Also make sure voice guidence is on if you want it to talk to you or turn it off if you don't (it would interfere with my tunes so I turned it off)
3) As far as the e-brake look of the forum on here that tells you how to take the counsel apart. Take it apart and from the avn find the red/white wire and the black. These should both be grounded on the screws that actually hold the bracket with the radio into the car. This way you can say F*** the ebrake and just do what you want when your driving.
4) Reception can be a tricky thing. Make sure the FM antenna is plugged 100% in to the AVN unit. If not this may be a problem. If this is not the probem you may want to check your antenna connections in the trunk. The FM antenna is 1 solid line from the trunk to the stereo so those are the only 2 possiblities.
Hope this helps, any other questions feel free to PM me
Old 01-11-07, 08:33 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, like what sxylxy said, make sure you enabled voice guidance. The GPS without the speed pulse sensor connected only works if you have the newest firmware.

hmm, i've never seen an FM 1/2/3 and i just updated the firmware with the new dvd too.
Old 01-11-07, 09:14 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hrm, i got the same problem. i was just told that it was not available on the US editions and that it was mainly for the japanese versions. I'm talking about the auto re-route and the voice commands. I had mines installed at an authorized eclipse dealer too. now this has got me wondering if it is available...