Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Tach signal for remote starter install: help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-07, 05:04 PM
treimche
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some answers to a few random questions I read in these last few posts.

For starter kill: you CUT the starter wire, and tap on to either end of that wire. If you're not going to do it that way (which is perfectly fine) you DONT need the starter kill wire that says to go towards the key, so don't cut the wire.

For the factory alarm/disarm: I looked up for a 94 LS 400 since that's what is in your sig, and the lock and unlock wires also do the arm and disarm. So it will arm with lock, and disarm with unlock. This is if you are using the green/yellow for lock, and green for unlock, they are negative trigger, and located in the passenger's kick panel. You don't use the car's arm/disarm to arm/disarm the DEI unit, its the other way around, you use the DEI's lock/unlock (or arm/disarm) to run the car's factory alarm. Those wires will most likely need to be tested by turning the key in the door, if the driver's door doesn't do it, try the passenger's door.

Door trigger: DEI wiring says that the door trigger wire is negative trigger, red/white wire, in the driver's kick panel in a white plug. That wire will rest at voltage (most likely 12v), and then when any door is open it will go to ground. If you can't find that wire, try a dome light. And if you want to simulate a door being open so that you can program your alarm or whatever, just temporarily ground out the negative door trigger input wire on the DEI unit.

Factory horn: is a negative trigger, so it needs ground pulses to make it honk. If you are installing an alarm, I'm assuming you're using the siren output to try to trigger the horn, but that doesn't work because the siren output is positive.
Old 04-29-07, 06:05 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an update.. I connected that red/white wire that I forgot to connect and now my display and climate control work when remote started.

My remote ran out of battery and went out of sync with the unit, so I had to add it again. Fixed both of those issues at the same time.

I'm using the siren that came with the alarm, and I also want to use the horn. But since you mentiond that the horn requires ground pulses, looks like I'll have to use a relay to convert the + pulses the DEI unit sends out to the stock horn.