Sponsored by:

JL Cleansweep Help Needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-07, 04:31 PM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JL Cleansweep Help Needed!!!!

I am getting more and more confused about this whole JL Cleansweep product and the local audio shops don't seem to know about it either. Here is what I am looking to do:
I am retro-fitting the 02 GS Factory Nav into my 98 GS, but I would also like to completely overhaul the factory speakers and amplification. The items the I am going to overhaul the factory system with are;
Boston Pro components in front
Boston pro rear fill coaxials
Alpine 4 channel for the highs
(2) 12" Alchemy Alumapros in custom sealed trunk enclosure
RF1000 watt for subs
Alumapro 5 farad C.A.P
Stinger wiring.
I refuse to lose the factory Nav setup and appearance so I have been looking into OEM interfacing products, mainly the JL Cleansweep. For the experts out there, do I just need the JL CL441-dsp? What exactly do the CL-SES and CL-SSI do? This is the final step in the puzzle and it is frustrating that none of the local "professional" shops can tell me what will provide the best results. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 01-29-07, 05:53 AM
skeet94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll help ya out as best I can. I've been looking into them too.

CL-SSI is the main unit that is needed in our cases. In order to get the full audio spectrum (low, mid, high) to be summed into one pair of outputs, which in turn can be put into the CL441-DSP to flatten the frequency response.
The CL441-DSP is an auto-EQ basically, that helps eliminate the factory "tuned" EQ, which is VERY crap! Coming from a custom installed setup in a Honda Accord to the stock factory Lexus JBL stereo was a MAJOR downgrade. The sound is overall very muddy and inaccurate...and the JL Audio CL441-DSP helps to sort this out.

The CL-SES is not required unless you're looking at having an auxiliary input into the stock stereo system. The main components you need are the two described above. If you want more information on the system, just ask...I'm at work right now so can only type up so much.
Old 01-30-07, 11:08 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I sell and also have this whole setup in my lexus.

I have the cleansweep, the summing device AND the switcher. I have video in one channel, satellite radio in another and my ipod in another. That is why I have the switching device. You won't need it if you aren't looking to add multiple inputs.

Now the summing device (cl-ssi) is used to combine all the channels and turn it into a flat line eq like skeet said. You can do this with y adapters and line level adapters but IMO the summing device is well worth the money. it saves time and also eliminates any noise you may get from those other parts.

The cleansweep itself has one aux in if you want to add just one. My setup is awesome. I have xr componets in the front xr coaxials in the back a 300/4 and 500/1 with a 10w7. Sounds mint.

You will get a new volume **** which is somewhat a pain in the *** when you lend your cars to others. You have to make sure they don;t adjust the factory volume **** after you set it at it's setup point. If they fool around with it you will need to re calibrate the system. Also the hardest part for Lexus owners is calibrating because we don't have an end point on the volume ****. It just keeps spinning..

What we did was turn it a bunch of times then take it and turn it back one full turn and leave it alone.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me. Hope this helps