Sponsored by:

Confusing...about radar V1

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-07, 02:21 PM
jkus77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confusing...about radar V1

im looking for Valentine V1 radar...what is the advantages and disadvantages? Should i buy it or not? ( i drive kind of fast sometimes..)
Old 01-30-07, 02:24 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its supposedly the best, but it does give out a lot of falses. im used to it and i know when to ignore (i live in the city with tons of auto. sliding doors form supermarkets, etc.) and you can just mute it. its also the most expensive, retail $400 (got mine for $350). i can say it's saved me 2 possible tickets so far.
Old 01-30-07, 02:31 PM
murph550
Driver

I love mine, it may false more than say an x50, but the arrows are so helpful. It has saved me a few good tickets. Also it falses a hell of a lot less if you disable X band, which absolutely no cops use anymore. Also they are extrwemely easy to hardwire to your mirrior if you want a very clean look (no hanging wires, etc.)
Old 01-30-07, 02:32 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by murph550
I love mine, it may false more than say an x50, but the arrows are so helpful. It has saved me a few good tickets. Also it falses a hell of a lot less if you disable X band, which absolutely no cops use anymore.
how do u disable the x band?
Old 01-30-07, 02:33 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Well, there were a lot of threads about V1 and if you search you will get plently of info

anyhow, I think V1 is worth every penny. Hands down the best radar detector i've ever owned. Buy it!
Old 01-30-07, 02:37 PM
murph550
Driver

Originally Posted by STIG
how do u disable the x band?
http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp
That should help. Its really easy, and it makes it so much more enjoyable.
Old 01-30-07, 03:08 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by murph550
http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp
That should help. Its really easy, and it makes it so much more enjoyable.
THanks!
Old 01-30-07, 03:16 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I think the V1 is the best if you do a LOT of driving on the open highway (not city). However, if you do most of your driving in a metro area, you would enjoy the X50 much more since it has a "city mode" that actually works. I get so many falses on my V1, my brain actually tunes it out most of the time. It goes off all the friggin time because of all the Infiniti SUV's around here that cause it to false on Laser.
Old 01-30-07, 03:20 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are more advantages having it then not having it. This radar has saved me a couple of times. Sometimes it detects cops when you least expect it, I was cruising along at about 55mph on a wide and empty 35 mph zone when suddenly the radar started a slow beeping, so I decided to slow down and after about half a mile or so that little piggy on the side just shooting me.
The only disadvantage I see is probably if you never take your radar off your windshield, you can be a victim of break-ins.
I say you get one since you drive fast a lot, but dont depend on your radar to detect everything, you need to learn the situation and know when to speed and not to speed.

I leave my V1 on Logic mode, that eliminates most false alarms.
Old 01-30-07, 04:43 PM
jkus77
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jsquared
its supposedly the best, but it does give out a lot of falses. im used to it and i know when to ignore (i live in the city with tons of auto. sliding doors form supermarkets, etc.) and you can just mute it. its also the most expensive, retail $400 (got mine for $350). i can say it's saved me 2 possible tickets so far.
Where did u get it from?
Old 01-30-07, 05:16 PM
VutIS250
Driver School Candidate

Will this work if a cop is not using his speed indicator? for instance if I'm driving over the speed limit and the cop see's that visually w/o using a laser or radar...
Old 01-30-07, 05:20 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VutIS250
Will this work if a cop is not using his speed indicator? for instance if I'm driving over the speed limit and the cop see's that visually w/o using a laser or radar...
When they update the V1 with Eye Radar Detector mode, yes. If not then no.
Old 01-30-07, 05:28 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Have you been watching too much Star Trek?
Old 01-30-07, 06:00 PM
VutIS250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gernby
Have you been watching too much Star Trek?
Wow you guys are harsh, but I guess I probably deserved the smart remarks . I read up on a thread somewhere that they have radar detectors that can detect some sord of frequency that only cops use. So it can detech cops even if they dont have their radar on.
Old 01-30-07, 06:11 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Wow you guys are harsh, but I guess I probably deserved the smart remarks . I read up on a thread somewhere that they have radar detectors that can detect some sord of frequency that only cops use. So it can detech cops even if they dont have their radar on.
I think you are confusing the detection of emergency vehicles that most detectors will alert about. However, I haven't ever gotten a warning about them, because I don't think the emergency vehicles are broadcasting.

Quick Reply: Confusing...about radar V1