Sponsored by:

I'm So Mad!!! Stupid Audio Store

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-01, 11:48 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry I'm So Mad!!! Stupid Audio Store

Here is my story. The other day some punk kids were cruising my block and was staking out my car. So I decided to do some shopping for an aftermarket alarm. I went to Western Audio in Santa Ana, and they were so *****en rude! They were charging me like $1000 for the Clifford avantgarde 4 alarm. (misspelling, sorry) That included installation too! I went there before to get my system installed, but I declined because they charged so darn much! I guess he remembered a guy with a lexus and he was cocking the biggest attitude saying I'm all cheap and stuff. He told me to go down the street and buy a cheap alarm that was in my budget! What a punk! And my friend recommended me to him too! SO while I was in there he was saying " ...you don't want to pay $$$ for good quality work, so you should go somewhere like xyz store and get it cheap, because you're cheap!" I was like WTF!!!!! Screw him and that store! If I was so cheap, than I wouldn't even be driving my car and all the mods I've done. I'm so pissed right now! He also said "quit being so cheap, and if you still are cheap, don't come here, because i'm expensive." So man, i'm thinking, ***** him and his store. ANd his son, I was only trying to be nice by mentioning a referral too. Stupid store. Man!!!! So screw his store, I'm going to install all my stuff from now on. Don't trust anyone!!! They see a lexus and they charge more, you come back for prices, and they give you attitude. What kind of business is that? I"m a business man, and I'm never that rude to a customer. Maybe that's why that store is doing so slow. Screw him! :eek:

But how much is the clifford alarm installed for? i think it's the avantgard 4
Old 11-09-01, 11:54 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Angry

Oh, if any of you want to avoid him, his name is Alan. He has a wife too. The worker is nice though. Some old asian guy in his 40's . he's real cool. Just alan. punk a$$ b*tch.
Old 11-09-01, 12:28 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the manual and see how difficult it is.... find out more or less how difficult it is...

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gmerta/alarm_stuff.html
Old 11-09-01, 12:30 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by cperez100
Look at the manual and see how difficult it is.... find out more or less how difficult it is...

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gmerta/alarm_stuff.html
I would spend the whole weekend doing it myself. I don't like other people messing with my car. If you do it, I watch YOU do it, if not I will do it MYSELF.

Old 11-09-01, 01:22 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man, why dont you go to a respectable store? I am not vert familiar with LA but I know a lot of places in San Diego who are great and treat you well (meaning not charging insane cash for having Lexus, quality work). Ask around n this boards, ask coworkers, friends and do not believe when someone recomends someone just because they know him. Make sure they had some expirence with the store.
Old 11-09-01, 02:04 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I know what you mean. Around Queens Blvd, there are several stores that charge WAAAYY over the limit. One time the manager of a store called global stereo told me to go somewhere else because he thought I was cheap. hhehe I told him I was going to beat the crap outta him (which I wasn't REALLY going to do).
Old 11-09-01, 03:18 PM
importtoys
Pole Position

Uh...Dont hold back...Tell us how you REEEALLY feel!!!!

Normally I would suggest learning how to install yourself...but I hate having people try to return stuff that theyve screwed up.
but for $1000.00 your car had better turn invisible when you park it!!
I would suggest going to a large chain store. They have certified installers (on paper) and are insured up the a$$ just in case. Plus itll be cheaper
Old 11-09-01, 03:44 PM
Static911

automotive entertainment on wilshire blvd.

I know they do all high end stuff...

I bought a pac high-lo converter and in their back, LS470, Porche, and a pimped out Navigator

I don't know how much they charge for security system.

Since your doing the security, time to upgrade your sound system as well

static911
Old 11-09-01, 07:12 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Clifford Alarms

IME. Clifford alarms R amongst the best ( haven't tried them since DEI bought them out ) but they can be a b**** to install because of the multitude of wires. Generally, U get what U pay for in an alarm install. The basic ones always use the same pattern & that makes it easier for the potential thief to work around them ( ie, the brain's always under the driver's side dash; the wires are color coded to make the install easier but also the disarming easier, etc ). U'll pay extra for the time to do things differently but they may save your car. Things like mounting the brain in the trunk; using split loom to shield the colored wiring; installation of a backup battery and/or pain generator for the interior. All this takes the installer extra time & creativity but will be well worth it. Like a stereo install, ask to see pictures of previous installs ( any good installer will have a portfolio & be glad to share ). I don't often disagree with the guys on this Board but I'd personally steer away from the larger chain stores ( even though Import made some excellent points about their insurability & certification ). I've seen too many butchered jobs done by Circuit City & Best Buys because they just want to get as many cars donw in one day as they can. The smaller stores are more likely to take their time & do the custom work U request but they'll also be more expensive & perhaps harder to find. Good luck & keep asking around for a reputable shop.
Old 11-10-01, 09:19 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Oh man, i understand that there's a bunch of wires, and it's a top notch alarm, but dang, ya know??? A grand installed? It better have four guys come out an watch my car or something, but anyhow, i think i'm going to ask around other places once again as for my system goes, i'm basically done, i just want to "clean it up". If any of you know where I can get this alarm installed for a reasonable price, let me know! I'll be willing to drive down to Daygo too retrodrive. thanks everyone!
Old 11-11-01, 02:57 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my Clifford Tazer Alarm and got it installed for like $575 at Good Guys and trust me it takes time.It took them 2 days to do it.

I feel more secure now with the Clifford,stock alarm,club,and autolock.
Old 11-11-01, 11:40 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did they do a good job with that alarm? That is pretty good price!
Old 11-11-01, 01:46 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Yup very clean and flush.
Old 11-11-01, 06:08 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

hey edogg, how does clifford alarm work with the factory? so 2 alarms working together at once?
Old 11-11-01, 10:07 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally posted by do-luck sc
hey edogg, how does clifford alarm work with the factory? so 2 alarms working together at once?
Yup it does Do-luck.

Quick Reply: I'm So Mad!!! Stupid Audio Store