Sponsored by:

2007 Sub and amp install

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-07, 04:17 PM
2NDGENLEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Sub and amp install

Whats up not looking for any flames please...I just need help ..im new to the DIY audio install world ... I understand that I need to run my power cable from my battery to my amp and connect my ground and I need to run my remote wire off of poss my cig lighter fuse but when it comes to the subs do I just clip the pos and neg on the stock sub and connect my speakers there to get sound ....any help would be great ....ive done a lot of research nothing found for my specific car
2007 IS250 (non-ML system)
trying to save the 200 dollars for install ( just don't want to do more damage to the car on my own)

thanks in advance
Old 02-14-07, 08:02 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1. How is your sub amp receiving an audio signal? Does your sub amp have a built in high level inputs? Or are you using a high to low level input converter?

2. The speaker level outputs on your sub amp should go directly to the subwoofer(s). I would not try to use the factory wiring, especially for an aftermarket sub install.

3. You are using your cigarette lighter for amp remote turn on? Make sure that your cigarette lighter works in the ACC position of the key unless your ignition will need to be on or the car will need to be running in order for your sub amp to be on.
Old 02-15-07, 12:35 PM
jayyyy
Driver

seems like your missing some things for the install. are you running a new head unit or are you keeping the stock head unit and running a sub? if you are running just a sub you might wanna pick up some rca's and something like the jl clean sweep(they have cheaper brands)http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94
Old 02-15-07, 03:27 PM
2NDGENLEX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chin
1. How is your sub amp receiving an audio signal? Does your sub amp have a built in high level inputs? Or are you using a high to low level input converter?

2. The speaker level outputs on your sub amp should go directly to the subwoofer(s). I would not try to use the factory wiring, especially for an aftermarket sub install.

3. You are using your cigarette lighter for amp remote turn on? Make sure that your cigarette lighter works in the ACC position of the key unless your ignition will need to be on or the car will need to be running in order for your sub amp to be on.
1. this is the amp i am using http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...dio/G45014.pdf ...i know its old but it works

2. thats what i was thinking setting this system up ,but was unsure how to connect to get sound.

3. the cig lighter works when the car is in the half-way on posistion.....but i think JAYYY is right i might be missing too much to do this for the 1st time by myself might have to just fork out the money
Old 02-15-07, 06:26 PM
jayyyy
Driver

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MSU4unH...19&I=211ZN5260 rca's

interface
yours should look something similar to that
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MSU4unH...=751&I=127OEM2

the parts arent too expensive. if you have any local audio shops around call them up and ask them how much it would cost for that kind of stuff.if they can order try to diy and then if worst comes to worse then take it in.
Old 02-16-07, 11:22 AM
2NDGENLEX
Driver School Candidate

thanks for helping out ...i still feel a little hesitant in doing this on my new car (my fiancé not so cool with my project idea ) so i am going to just shop around for a reputable shop and have them do the install....thanks for all your help

Last edited by 2NDGENLEX; 02-16-07 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-23-09, 08:00 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

run the power from the battery, the ignition from the lighter in the dash or in the armrest and ground off a bolt in the rear. The sound is gonna come from the stock subwoofer which is mounted in the rear deck.
Old 12-23-09, 08:40 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2NDGENLEX
thanks for helping out ...i still feel a little hesitant in doing this on my new car (my fiancé not so cool with my project idea ) so i am going to just shop around for a reputable shop and have them do the install....thanks for all your help
I agree with your assessment. If you're hesitant and concerned about making large mistakes without someone there to "hold your hand" (not a bad thing), I'd suggest getting a pro to do it. Worth the peace of mind.

Big Mack