Sponsored by:

Weird GS Alarm Problem/Situation...Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-07, 08:08 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weird GS Alarm Problem/Situation...Please Help

I got myself stuck in a weird situation while detailing my car. I was buffing out my car and I needed to jump in the car quick to grab some of my microfiber towels. Well the doors were locked so I pulled the keys out of my pocket and hit the unlock button and jumped in and grabbed the towels. While I jumped in I dropped the keys on the floor and just figured I would leave them so I shut the door and continued on my way buffing the car out. Here is where the problem comes in; somehow the car did the automatic re-lock and re-arm thing and that is my only set of keys. I figured I would be ok since my driver's front and rear window were cracked enough to stick my arm in and reach the unlock button and lever and even the door handle. To my surprise when I was able to do this the alarm started going off and I could still not open the door. The unlock button did not work and when I manually flipped the unlock lever it appeared to unlock, but the door would not open still. Does anyone have any advice on how to get in my car? It's stuck in my garage right now and I don't know what to do. I am glad that the Lexus alarm is this good, but how can I get in the car. My neighbors must be pissed off because I have been trying to get in the car since last night and the alarm just keeps going off. Please help!
Old 02-20-07, 09:25 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can reach your hand in, then you should be able to use something to go a little farther down and pop the trunk, then disconnect the batter and manually flip the switch to open the door.

(Not sure if it will work or not but taking away the power from the car should disable any power locking, if not, it was worth a try)
Old 02-20-07, 10:03 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also tried that. I can't reach the hood pop and the trunk pop does not pop it apparently when the alarm is armed. I used a coat hanger and it did not pop. I dont have anything firm enough to grab the hood lever. This is driving me nuts!! I am about to break the damn window just to grab the keys!
Old 02-22-07, 09:57 AM
overboost
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get your arm in but cant use a coat hanger to reach the keys with it?

have you tried one of these? can get these from walmart and possibly auto parts store, that is if you haven't gotten into your car yet.

another thing is can you unlock it manually and pull the handle from the inside at the same time? worth a shot