Sponsored by:

What's a good AMP for my system??? WTB

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 03:57 AM
VIPsteelo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good AMP for my system??? WTB

i have 2 visionik 12's, and 4 pioneer door speakers with all the wirings.. Wondering what amp/amps would be a good choice without spening too much.
Currently searching so any inquires would be great. thanks
Old 02-23-07, 03:02 PM
TeflonGS
Driver

Originally Posted by VIPsteelo
i have 2 visionik 12's, and 4 pioneer door speakers with all the wirings.. Wondering what amp/amps would be a good choice without spening too much.
Currently searching so any inquires would be great. thanks
It's been written on this forum that JL Audio is a good bang for the buck amp. I think this one would suit your needs: JL Audio Slash-Series 500/5

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=256

I've never run a JL Audio amp, but I'm sure others can chime in.
Old 02-24-07, 03:03 PM
animefreak
Driver

I admit JL audio is great but imo way pricey. You can get good stuff at a way better price. Try Memphis Car Audio, Rockford Fosgate (Dont pay attention about all the crap talk about RF), Kicker. Try going to thier websites and looking what model is best for your needs then go to eBay or www.woofersect.com
Old 02-24-07, 06:27 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it WAY pricey because you get a good quality product? the only one that can hold a candle to what it does is the alpine pdx amps and they are similar in price.

i can't wait for the JL High Def amps to come out to hear how "outrageous" their pricing is

The JL amp will stomp over memphis, RF, and especially Kicker.

He doesn't have to go with the 500/5, he could even go with the a6450 if he really wanted to...i mean their visonik subs, we're not talking about super high powered subs.
Old 02-25-07, 03:02 AM
animefreak
Driver

Originally Posted by 88supramki
is it WAY pricey because you get a good quality product? the only one that can hold a candle to what it does is the alpine pdx amps and they are similar in price.

i can't wait for the JL High Def amps to come out to hear how "outrageous" their pricing is

The JL amp will stomp over memphis, RF, and especially Kicker.

He doesn't have to go with the 500/5, he could even go with the a6450 if he really wanted to...i mean their visonik subs, we're not talking about super high powered subs.
Hmm when was the last time that JL Audio was at the top in the car audio scene? Not since the late 90s. I will agree that JL Audio makes some nice stuff for SQ(Heck I even use a JL Audio 500/1) but it is not the only way to go. I say go to a car audio store listen to what YOU like then go online for a way better price.
Old 02-25-07, 07:01 AM
VIPsteelo
Driver School Candidate

thanks a lot guys, i'm gonna do some more researching and ill let you guys know what i decide to do....but im thinking something "alright" nothing too crazy.. but if anyone wants to get rid of an amp through CL, let me know...thanks
Old 02-25-07, 09:12 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by animefreak
I say go to a car audio store listen to what YOU like then go online for a way better price.
This has been my statement for car audio advice on the net since i started in car audio

I never said they were "the best" i just think it's funny that people are so quick to jump on the "oh they're way too expensive" band wagon when there are others out there that are more expensive that do less. How many other multiple impedance amplifiers are there? Just alpine with their pdx amps. JL makes a good quality product that isn't spread out on the internet for under cost prices, *cough*likepioneer*cough*, or isn't sold in large chain merchants. This is why it's more expensive.
Old 02-25-07, 07:23 PM
12volt
Pole Position

Car audio has always had some passionate opinions that have to be respected. However, Rockford Fosgate has launched a new line of Power series amplifiers that are worth a look.

If a club lexus member would like any real data (powercube, audio precision, etc) data to review Alpine, JL, or Rockford, and make an educated decision let me know.

Jake.braaten@rockfordcorp.com

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/products.asp

Luckily, all of these brands offer great products, while others do not.