Sponsored by:

I Got Some Free Subs. Need Am Amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 06:24 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LiLS
hey MJHSC, so whats the word on this company, i figure i mine as well upgrade to db500 like 2 12s.
Like MJHSC said, they are primarily an OEM company. They used to supply most of the subs for SVS until one of their engineers went to SVS. They still supply for Eclipse, Aerial Acoustics, Wilson, Soundsplinter, Rythmik Audio, Sunfire and others that don't like to disclose they use another manufacturer. I've used their subs for years when they supplied Stryke Audio and Elemental Designs.

The db500 and TC-1000 are both excellent subs. Both use the TC2+, low distortion motor. The db500 requires a slightly larger box.

The TC-2000 is a killer sub but also requires a large box. The TC9 uses the same motor but requires a much smaller box. The TC-3000 is a step up. With its enormous motor, it requires a very small box. I'm running a pair of the 15's in my home theater right now each getting about 1,200 watts from a pro amp.

Originally Posted by MJHSC400
I found this sucker in the B-Stock list on TC's site-- probably smudged paint or something-- nothing to do with the mechanical operation of the sub-- http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=961

For $300 -- this sub is a deal I wouldn't pass up-- They usually go for $500 each!

They'll provide you with pics or you can call them and ask why it's B-Stock and if they'll cover it under warranty--
I asked Heather about those when I called. Nothing at all wrong with them. The 4000 series was discontinued and replaced by the upcomming 4200 series (much more expensive). These are leftovers that have a silver basket instead of the candy apple red ones. And yes, they are still covered under the standard TC Sounds warranty.

-Robert
Old 04-14-07, 03:39 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still don't consider a 1.25 ft sealed box "large" compared to the output you can get from just a single sub of this caliber-- Any of the TC subs will perform well with only one under adequate power--

2ft is not that big for a ported box for a 12 and will absolutely pound by my standards--