Sponsored by:

My GS400 website...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-01, 11:38 AM
CoreY2K1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GS400 website...

i finally got around to finishing my car's website... i've got some pics of my installation in there. the site is more for my own use but it might help some of you who are about to do a similar install...

http://home.earthlink.net/~coreyalbers/lexus/index.html

-Corey
Old 11-28-01, 12:04 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job. Very informative - esp the system pics.
Old 11-28-01, 03:23 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

nice job on the changer corey.....I held my changer in with velcro....the lazy approach.....I should've taken out the entire trunk like you did...but I didn't have the patience so I just blindly ran my cables underneath....

Where are you hiding your cables from your changer to your DVD? the short AI-net cable wouldn't reach the DVD so I had to use the long one but I couldn't tuck it behind the glove compartment...but then again...i didn't put the CVA brain in the stock amp location...mine is mounted in between the trunk and the back seat with the data cable running along the middle of the car along the center console

did you ever get a TV tuner?
Old 11-28-01, 04:38 PM
CoreY2K1
Driver

thanks amlin. yeah i was suprised the alpine fit in there that well.. just had to extend the existing brackets a bit.

the hardest part about this install was getting the wires to fit in the glove box location. as you know everything is so tight in there. i used the long AI cables too. i wrapped them up and worked them back into the area to the left of where the airbag unit sits.

i did get a Clarion TV tuner / antenna combo and i wasn't happy with it. i get really poor reception where i live...

i saw your speaker baffle install and that's some nice work. the bostons i have up front are currently blown so i need to get back in there soon...
Old 11-28-01, 07:35 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

I left all my wires in my glove compartment so it looks really bad when I open it (i have them tie wrapped but it still looks scary to most people)...I figured the glove compartment is practically useless (it could barely fit the car manual) and anything over an inch and a half wont allow it to close.

Did you get the Santeca antenna? If that's what you bought and you still get bad reception then I don't think I'm going to even think about it....

Sorry about your speakers...I'm so tired of tearing apart the car I'll probably go crazy if something breaks....oh yeah..i noticed you didn't take out the cables that attach to your door release and door lock when you're installing your speakers...I didn't take them out either and because of my constant removing of the door panel i guess i stretched the cables and now the lock doesn't work very well...I could still lock/unlock the door by pressing the lock/unlock button tho..
Old 11-28-01, 10:15 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice! I am putting my PS2 in right after christmas. Great alternative to a DVD player!

Anyway, I also love the car. I don't know why but 20" wheels always seem too big to me. I really preffer 19s. Great job. I'd really like to check out your car on one of the meets
Old 11-29-01, 12:26 PM
CoreY2K1
Driver

the antenna i got was also Clarion. the Santeca would probably be better, but I live out in the Hills where even radio reception gets bad... i also stretched the locks but i did get them working again.

everyone at Sprewell was telling me to get 20"s but i also think 19"s look better (although 20"s do look good when lowered right).

i picked up a GameCube at launch and have been wanting to try it in there... the PS2 is fun though.
Old 11-29-01, 01:33 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool site, thanks!!!