Sponsored by:

how to make the bass LOUDER

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-01, 05:46 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to make the bass LOUDER

ok i just finished adding my subs to my stock system. everything sounds good and tight but doesn't sound loud enough i think i know why. i use to drive an accord and in the accord the back seat folds down and the trunk is not really sealed off of the rest of the car. the problem with my first generation GS is when i keep the trunk open the bass is loud. as soon as i shut the trunk it is quiet. so here is my solution that i am going to try tomorow. next to the stock subs there are 2 metal pieces that looks like it can be removed. if it can be removed i am hoping that this will allow the bass to travel inside of the car instead of being held tight in the trunk anyone else try this before
Old 12-01-01, 03:14 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remove the factory sub from the rear deck and you'll have a 12inch hole for the sound to come into the car interior. the reason you have no bass in the car now is cause Lexus does a pretty good job at isolating any road noise that might come from your trunk. just vent it by removing that factory sub and you should be ok
Old 12-01-01, 09:13 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i just left mine in there and still hooked up because i thought that the stock sub was made out of paper so bass would travel right through it. also behind the back seats there are metal plates is there any way i can remove some of these
Old 12-02-01, 01:39 AM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: how to make the bass LOUDER

"the problem with my first generation GS is when i keep the trunk open the bass is loud. as soon as i shut the trunk it is quiet. so here is my solution that i am going to try tomorow. next to the stock subs there are 2 metal pieces that looks like it can be removed. "

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm running a sealed box with 1-10" ADS - 600W Amp.
I figured this would be enough juice to move bass into the car.

It was not. Even when I took out the stock speaker.
It got a little better but not much.
I did get a lot of rattle from the trunk and rear deck.
Had to go back in and Dynomat the rear deck and the back of the seats. Even had to get a rag and move it in between the bumper and the bumper cover to get rid of a rattle. No matter what I try the system is not very ballanced. not enough bass comes into the cabin. Unless you open the trunk!!! Then the Sh_T pounds?

Let me know when you solve this one
Old 12-02-01, 03:38 AM
2Lexos

well........once, and only once when i did a GS300 at work....i removed as much of the rear deck as i could.....then i made a custom box with 3-JL Audio 12W6's that fired up into the rear deck......the damn thing was slamming....but if you don't want to butcher your car you can only remove that factory sub.....those other pieces you are talking about that look like they come out can be remove with force.....but you do have to dynamat the rear deck and behind the seat to reduce vibration. Good luck.
Old 12-02-01, 10:01 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

sorry newbie question but what is dynomite. is that like a spray of thick foam that dries up or what. also those little plates you said that can be removed. how do i remove them. do i just take a hammer and slam it really hard. thanks
Old 12-02-01, 02:17 PM
2Lexos

dynamat is a sound deadening material......and i believe it's available in a spray. and as far as those panels are concerned.....try to pry them off with a crowbar ....and be careful. there is a gas tank back there.....
Old 12-02-01, 03:06 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

cool thanks. i don't plan on setting my car on fire so i think i will be trying to take off all the plates behind the back seat off.
Old 12-02-01, 04:24 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Default I SOLVED IT

HEY I FUKIN SOLVED THE PROBLEM MAN. MY SYSTEM BUMPS NOW!!!!!!!!!! here is what you do. i'm not sure if you have the first generation GS or not but if you have a lexus it should have the same thing.

take off the back seat and there are 6 screw behind the back that you take off. after you take that off there is a big metal piece about 2ft by 4ft that comes off. take that metal piece off and put your seats back. now your system bumps.