Sponsored by:

Removing Car Phone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07, 11:42 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Removing Car Phone?

Im wondering whats the best way to remove my WHOLE car phone unit. Everything from the antenna to the phone and ECu for it etc.

So far I just got the antenna off the window (for my tint), but where is the rest of the devices?

thanks
Matt
Old 04-21-07, 11:52 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good question .ive been looking for mines for the longest .i gave up .got use to the beep already the only thing i removed was the antenna .i did not remove the controlls on the steering wheel because i dont have the plastic to cover the hole
Old 04-21-07, 12:05 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

well the steering wheel controls dont bother me, but its the phone in the console that really annoys me. I want to know where the wires run so I can either spend an hour on it or 10 hours on it. lol
Old 04-21-07, 12:14 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

matt, dont get rid of the car phone, its awesome. and you have free phone service at least keep it till whoever is still paying for it realizes that they never cancelled the phone lol
Old 04-21-07, 12:17 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
well the steering wheel controls dont bother me, but its the phone in the console that really annoys me. I want to know where the wires run so I can either spend an hour on it or 10 hours on it. lol
this has been discussed I believe. There are a handful of bolts in the center console that need to be removed, and the phone unit in there dettaches via an easily unclippable wire that runs under the driver's cup holder (which pops out when the center console is removed temporarily).

The brain for the phone is elsewhere, either under the passenger seat or in the trunk, depending on the model year. My phone has been removed, but the control box is still all well and good as evidenced by the beep coming from the right front speaker at turn-key.

At some point, I am going to disable the device. At the moment, there are bigger fish to fry. If I run into the box while in the trunk swapping my suspension tomorrow, I will take it out. Otherwise, I will schedule a date with the bottom of my passenger seat sometime when I find the free time.

Hope that helps...
Old 04-21-07, 12:19 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

thank you for that! i think I found a module under the power antenna area so check them when you do suspension. not sure if it was the phone or not

lol yeah free phone service ftw haha it only works sometimes, still funny as hell lol.
Old 04-21-07, 01:23 PM
LEXtaSC400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, so that's what that irritating beeping noise was... I never knew what it was.