Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Avic D3 install Help 01 GS430

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-07, 09:34 PM
JLAM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you guys post pics of the VSS wire? or where is it exactly located? I didn't hook mine up but it seems to work fine.

samsonpwnz: Which dash kit did you use in that pic? thx
Old 05-30-07, 05:50 PM
samsonpwnz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jwcivic: If you goto the hardware info menu where it shows the status of the different connections you will get a reading under speed sensor if your car is moving. Its supposed to make the nav more accurate, especialy with a low gps signal. It also gives you the 3D hybrid mode, which I have to figure out how useful it actually is.
Here is the post i used to find the vss wire i hooked in to https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=25
And JLAM, i used the American International kit found here
http://www.americaninternational.net...ils.asp?ID=278
I actually picked it up locally at an audio shop for $20.
Old 06-01-07, 12:04 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by samsonpwnz
I finally finished up my install over the weekend. I ended up hooking up the illumination wire to the ashtray light, since it comes on with the lights only. I also found another post that had the vss wire behind the speedometer. I finally found it and it works great. Now I have to tear it all apart again in a few days when I recieve my Sirius tuner in the mail.

how did you get it to say lexus ?? can you post more pics of the different illumition colors as well as its menus ??
Old 06-01-07, 09:35 PM
samsonpwnz
Driver School Candidate

With the AVIC-D3 you can download your own images onto it. I just found some cool lexus logos on the avic411 forums and burned them onto a cd and presto! If i have some time this weekend I'll try and take some more shots, but there are so many menus. Is there something specific you wanted to see?

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
how did you get it to say lexus ?? can you post more pics of the different illumition colors as well as its menus ??
Old 06-01-07, 11:04 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

With the AVIC-D3 you can download your own images onto it. I just found some cool lexus logos on the avic411 forums and burned them onto a cd and presto! If i have some time this weekend I'll try and take some more shots, but there are so many menus. Is there something specific you wanted to see?
iam relly interested in getting one i like them how do you get the images from the cd to the unit ?? also i was told it can change colors ?? i would like to see that
Old 06-08-07, 06:23 AM
seegs03
Driver School Candidate

I finally finished up my install over the weekend. I ended up hooking up the illumination wire to the ashtray light, since it comes on with the lights only. I also found another post that had the vss wire behind the speedometer. I finally found it and it works great. Now I have to tear it all apart again in a few days when I recieve my Sirius tuner in the mail.

Im new to this site and probably wont stay but i was wanting to put that unit in my moms car for her birthday buy no one can seem to find a kit for it for me ??????? where did u get that one????? please help
Old 06-08-07, 12:28 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
iam relly interested in getting one i like them how do you get the images from the cd to the unit ?? also i was told it can change colors ?? i would like to see that
any updates ??