Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Thanks to this forum and Robert_J, I have now decided on TC Sounds for my new sub!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-07, 11:50 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Thanks to this forum and Robert_J, I have now decided on TC Sounds for my new sub!

I've been wading thorugh and perusing this forum quite dilligently for the past couple of weeks trying to research on what type of sub I should get to replace my stock one.

After reading a few posts by Robert_J I've came to the conclusion that, this guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to subs. The amount of knowledge he has shared on this forum has been of great help to me.

After seeing a few of his recommendations for TC Sounds subs (a company who I have never even heard of before). I decided to do my research on the company and their products. To make a long story short, I did my research on the company and it's prodcuts and came to find out that they manufacture subwoofers for quite a few reputable companies (some of which are very high-end home/mobile audio lines).

Also, at the price point they're being offered at, there really isn't any reason one can not have a high-end subwoofer with all the features of what the competition offers at two or three x's the price of a TC sub.

Oh, and here's the kicker...I looked up where TC Sounds were located and to my surprise, I found out that they're right here in San Diego, literally right in my backyard. An 8 minute drive from my home to the factory. Now, how awesome is that? Not only will I be getting a great quality sub but I'll be supporting a local business as well

Anyhow, enough of my rambling and on to business. I'm probably going to go with a single 12" driver from the TC-1000, or TC-9 line. It's going to have to be one of the 4ohm, dual voice-coil versions so I can make use of this bad boy right here..

Zapco C2K-6.0X

Still on the fence about what type of enclosure I'm going to go with but it's most likely going to be sealed.

Oh and I don't want to leave out Percy or MJHSC400 - I've learned a lot from your guys postings as well just wanted to say thanks.
Old 06-06-07, 11:55 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal man, good luck with the install.

I'm still on the fence between the Elemental Designs 11Ov2 and a TC OEM 10. Not anything to due with the subs themselves.. but how I want to install them. The mounting depth on the TC subs are ridiculous (for good reason).. and I'm trying to do a stealth spare-tire install, but I may change my mind. It'll be the last thing I do. Right now I'm working on a 3-way frontstage setup
Old 06-06-07, 12:13 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad Robert J is around too-- He also informed me of TC --

I've been around the Eclipse subs they build and I know what they can do--

Unfortunately for money's sake, I'll be using my Kappa Perfect for a little while, but it's hard to beat those too-- almost impossible-- much like a TC-1000 -- rated at 350w, but well known to handle 600+ -----

BTW-- that's one heck of an amp you got there too man--

I really really wish I could go to their shop myself-- Lucky dog--
Old 06-06-07, 12:16 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
Oh, and here's the kicker...I looked up where TC Sounds were located and to my surprise, I found out that they're right here in San Diego, literally right in my backyard. An 8 minute drive from my home to the factory. Now, how awesome is that? Not only will I be getting a great quality sub but I'll be supporting a local business as well
Call up Heather and find out when it would be a good time to visit the factory and pick up your sub. They may even give you a demo of "The Beast" (See my link to the pics from the tour. It's in the pic with Thilo.)

Originally Posted by Seize
Anyhow, enough of my rambling and on to business. I'm probably going to go with a single 12" driver from the TC-1000, or TC-9 line. It's going to have to be one of the 4ohm, dual voice-coil versions so I can make use of this bad boy right here..
Go with the TC-9. The TC-9 works in a smaller box due to the more powerful motor. I haven't used that exact sub but I have used the Soundsplinter RL-p 12 (a TC-9 on a 4 spoke frame) and an ED 12a.22 (flat, nomex cone TC-9). The only sub that has impressed me more has been the TC-3000.

-Robert
Old 06-06-07, 10:48 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_J
Call up Heather and find out when it would be a good time to visit the factory and pick up your sub. They may even give you a demo of "The Beast" (See my link to the pics from the tour. It's in the pic with Thilo.)

Go with the TC-9. The TC-9 works in a smaller box due to the more powerful motor. I haven't used that exact sub but I have used the Soundsplinter RL-p 12 (a TC-9 on a 4 spoke frame) and an ED 12a.22 (flat, nomex cone TC-9). The only sub that has impressed me more has been the TC-3000.

-Robert
Thanks for the additional info Robert. Per your recommendation...looks like I'm going to go with the TC-9