Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

So I picked up this beast this past Friday [PICS - TC Sounds TC-9 12" subwoofer ]

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 09:55 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow. That looks mean!! Congrats.
Old 06-13-07, 10:17 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

That is one big a## sub Seize!

I like this better though . I have the 4.0X and 2.0X version of this amp in my car. Amazing amps!

Old 06-13-07, 04:34 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say your sub is right on par with an IDMAX in terms of SQ and dollar per db output-- The linear excursion of the TC subs is up there with the best of the best-- Except for the RE XXX of course-- That thing is just not right--
4" peak to peak-- there's no need for that sort of thing--

I hear ya on the smaller footprint of a sealed enclosure, it's just much better when you've got limited space as it is... The smaller the box the better..
Old 06-14-07, 08:35 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seize
Yeah, I've known that fella since jr high/middle school. Cool catt, it's because of him that I started to get into car audio again. I sat in his car once and listened to it, and it left me in awe. I was like, 'this is what a car audio' system should sound like - Powerul and balanced! Damn him and his IDMAX, fancy imported speakers and amps that no one has ever heard of hahaha

The Next time you see or talk to Lowe...tell him Mikey said that he is definitely OUT OF THE CIRCLE...lol

BTW His amps "were" TRU Technology amps...The HAMMER!

Mike
Old 06-14-07, 08:57 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Seize, did the amp come with the washing machine or did the washing machine the amp!
Old 06-18-07, 03:27 PM
jefthim
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for posting the pics!! That thing looks like a beast! That has lead me to start looking at the TC 1000.
http://www.tcsounds.com/tc1000.htm

Any thoughts on this one? I have a RF Punch 450.4. Anyone think that would be reasonable for the dual VC(225 per VC), or would I need to look at another amp?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-07, 04:59 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much do zapco amps go for?

specifically that one...

and how mcuh is that sub.
Old 06-19-07, 06:18 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiLS
and how mcuh is that sub.
http://www.tcsounds.com/tc9.htm

-Robert
Old 06-19-07, 08:28 AM
kramer5150
Driver School Candidate

Wow nice!! those Zapco amps are monsters IMHO. cant wait to see your install.
Old 06-19-07, 09:37 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by FLIPPU
The Next time you see or talk to Lowe...tell him Mikey said that he is definitely OUT OF THE CIRCLE...lol
I'll be sure to let him know

Originally Posted by Lexkost
Seize, did the amp come with the washing machine or did the washing machine the amp!

Originally Posted by jefthim
Thanks for posting the pics!! That thing looks like a beast! That has lead me to start looking at the TC 1000.
http://www.tcsounds.com/tc1000.htm

Any thoughts on this one? I have a RF Punch 450.4. Anyone think that would be reasonable for the dual VC(225 per VC), or would I need to look at another amp?

Thanks!
That's a good amount of power. Although, if you want a bit more output I'd consider getting a more powerful amp. Here's what they say on the TCsounds webiste regarding the TC1000

It can handle 400 watts of continuous power, but don’t be afraid to feed it 1000 clean watts as the voice coil will harness that power and deliver surprising sound pressure levels.
Originally Posted by LiLS
how much do zapco amps go for?

specifically that one...
The Zapco C2K-6.0X retails for around $2200

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Wow nice!! those Zapco amps are monsters IMHO. cant wait to see your install.
Yeah, me too...still considering my enclosure options and planning out the system as a whole.

Originally Posted by MJHSC400
A ported tuned low enough will have similar response to a sealed while having better power handling, cooling, and cone control-
I'm still thinking about taking this route, I figure if I can come up with a ported enclosure that's slightly under 2.0 cu ft and have it not take up too much room, then I'm probably going to do it
Old 06-19-07, 12:18 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.....beautiful setup. My boy had a 700 watt Zapco amp (dont remember the model #) powering 3 Kove audio 12's in separate, sealed enclosures. Zapco is one of the most powerful and best sounding bass amps around.

Just make sure you run 0 guage power wires to that thing. I would go w/ a sealed enclosure as well. Ported not only takes up more space but is heavier! You have more than enough audio weight to slow you down.

Your low end is set, wat about your highs?
Old 06-19-07, 12:18 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

2.0cuFT is going to take up a lot of room! I'm saying this becuase I built one fg enclosure, that I thought was pretty big... and it only gave me .66cuft. I'm trying to build another enclosure now to give me 1.3cuFT.. and its going to take up a significant amount of room. I can't imagine 2.0cuft.. I wish I didn't need my trunk.. or my spare wheel.
Old 06-19-07, 01:57 PM
kramer5150
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Suneet
2.0cuFT is going to take up a lot of room! I'm saying this becuase I built one fg enclosure, that I thought was pretty big... and it only gave me .66cuft. I'm trying to build another enclosure now to give me 1.3cuFT.. and its going to take up a significant amount of room. I can't imagine 2.0cuft.. I wish I didn't need my trunk.. or my spare wheel.
x2!!

I need every inch of trunk space, unfortunately. My family duties have forced me into an infinite baffle install. Far from ideal, but I think I can live with it.
Old 06-20-07, 03:43 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

wow 2200...big baller.
Old 06-20-07, 05:17 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Suneet
2.0cuFT is going to take up a lot of room!
It's all relative. After working on my home theater sub, an 8cf/325lb box, a 2cf box is quite small. Check out these 7 foot tall, cylinder subs - link.

Originally Posted by kramer5150
My family duties have forced me into an infinite baffle install. Far from ideal, but I think I can live with it.
A properly installed IB with the right driver should sound amazing. The IB concept in cars and homes is very similar. Here's an FAQ on them. Just remember that your car is a much smaller listening space than a home so the recommendations for multiple 18" subs is a little overkill. And if an IB didn't sound amazing, people wouldn't go to these lengths to install them in their house.

-Robert

Quick Reply: So I picked up this beast this past Friday [PICS - TC Sounds TC-9 12" subwoofer ]