Sponsored by:

Lexus iPod Integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-07, 07:18 AM
spender
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus iPod Integration

Greetings - I'm trying to compile a list/thread of CURRENT iPod Lexus integration solutions for my 2004 LS430 with nav (my apologies if a thread already exists, I didn't see it). It looks like there's "no perfect" solution, although the closest is the Coastal Tech Ultimate iPod (but this one is not available, and seems to be in the "too good to be true" department.)

In any case, here are the three main ones that I could find, both through Google and on this forum:

Vaistech

SoundLinQ (SLI) - Auxiliary Input Adapter with AppleŽ iPod™ interface
(fits most Toyota/Lexus vehicles 2001-2007 with and without Navigation System)

The SoundLinq with iPod™ interface adapter (SLI) is the direct plug-n-play input which adds two Audio AUX inputs to your Toyota/Lexus vehicle. First AUX input is dedicated for AppleŽ iPod™, second AUX input is universal. SLI allows you to control AppleŽ iPod™ through your Radio controls and steering wheel controls. It will also allow you to display artist information, playlist name, and a song name on your Navigation screen or Radio LCD.* No longer will you need Cassette Adapters, FM Transmitters, or Cigarette Lighter Chargers. Enjoy clear, genuine CD quality sound through your factory audio system.

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html

DICE

Take Your Digital Music Library On the Road...
Factory iPod integration from DICE! Connect your iPod to your vehicle's factory entertainment system and hear what your iPod should sound like inyour car (See our quality comparison chart ) . CD-quality sound and controls from your radio, steering wheel or the iPod. Always keeps your iPod charged and ready to go. Radios supporting CD-text will also display text from your iPod allowing you to view song title and artist name right on your radio's display.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm

Coastal Tech

Tired of looking for an ipod interface for your toyota or lexus? Well, if you are lucky enough to have one of the ultimate lockpick kits installed in your toyota or lexus, a truly remarkable ipod interface is available with all of the features you are looking for and more. Finally, an ipod interface that utilizes all of the features of your expensive factory screen!!

On screen menus for all ipod functions
Plays all of your apple itunes songs
No cutoff text - full graphical displays!
Fully compatible with itunes - search for artist, playlist, genre, etc with on screen displays
Allows standard audio mp3's to be stored outside of itunes - just drag and drop your favorite songs and albums directly to your ipod!
Store all of your photos directly on your ipod and select or view slideshows of them!
Store your video files directly on your ipod - any ipod!
Download entire dvd's directly to your ipod - any ipod!
Connect a usb drive to view and play audio and video files - no ipod needed!
The unit's software can be upgraded for current or future applications! (new upgrades available now)

Nothing like it and now you can connect it to your toyota or lexus!

http://www.coastaletech.com/ULTIMATE%20IPOD.htm

Last edited by spender; 06-15-07 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-16-07, 09:08 PM
spender
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone out there actually received and installed an "Ultimate iPod" from Coastal Tech?
Old 06-16-07, 09:34 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

perfect solution for 01+ Lexus is VAIS.
The hard part is finding a solution for -01 Lexus.
Old 06-17-07, 01:16 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

While I agree that Vais is the best solution, here's one more for the list--seems similar to the DICE, although this one doesn't mention text support:

• Easy Installation - All cables are plug and play for easy installation.
• Adds Additional Aux Input - Besides connecting to an iPod, our iPod interface provides an additional aux input to connect other audio devices.
• Superior Sound Quality - True digital quality sound through factory radio. [It's analog!]
• Uses CD Changer Function - Uses the CD changer mode to operate an iPod just like a CD Changer.
• Auto Maintain - Maintain current playlist when migrating your iPod from portable use to in car use.
• Auto Playlist Select - If no play list are created, the interface auto selects the first 5 playlist on your iPod.
• Rich in Features - Track forward, track back, select playlist, shuffle and random play are some of the useful features provided by our interface through a factory stereo.
• Auto Memory - Auto locates the last song listened to on each play list.
• Auto Skip - Skip 10+ songs in each playlist with the factory CD Changer FF
button. Or, skip to the end of a playlist.
• Auto Charge - Charges iPod battery and auto stops after 1 hour of non-use.
• Auto Playlist Select - If no play list are created, the interface auto selects the first 5 playlist on your iPod.
• Playlist Mode - Create up to 5 favorite mobile playlist then use the radio’s CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
• Direct Mode - Gives user complete control of their iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. iPod is not locked out while connected to radio and user is able to manually access their complete iPod content. Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but user must manually select playlist or Artist.

http://www.usaspec.com/ipod.html
Old 06-17-07, 01:55 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heres my contribution for of -01 Lexus. I've researched quite a while and these two seem like the only reasonable ones. Theres another one on eBay but its 200bucks.

Soundgate
Dension

I've heard that both of these work on some Lexus but haven't actually seen pics yet. I emailed both companies weeks ago but no reply yet.
Old 06-19-07, 09:10 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
Heres my contribution for of -01 Lexus. I've researched quite a while and these two seem like the only reasonable ones. Theres another one on eBay but its 200bucks.

Soundgate
Dension

I've heard that both of these work on some Lexus but haven't actually seen pics yet. I emailed both companies weeks ago but no reply yet.
what kind of car you have? year?

i'm looking for ipod integration for my 98 gs300.
Old 03-21-12, 10:16 AM
brow1231
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking to add iPhone connectivity to my 2005 LS430 ML. Right now I am using my old iPhone as a Slacker Radio cached playback (no connection required). The cached option is great as I can listen to my stations without any internet connection and then when I get into my garage I can update the cache over wifi. It is working great except that I am using an FM modulator and it sounds acceptable to terrible depending on location. Options I am considering are Vaistech, Dice, and Lockpick Ultimate. Anyone have any insight to what I should choose? I would like to get rid of the 'I agree' screen as well and would be a plus to be able to enter NAV destinations while driving.

Right now I am considering buying the Dice module for audio ($100):
Amazon Amazon

and Basic Lockpick 1 for the 'I agree' and Nav input ($100):
http://www.coastaletech.com/BASIC_LOCKPICK.htm

Would these 2 work together? I think the Lockpick would install in the trunk NAV DVD unit and the Dice behind the radio. Any suggestions?