Sponsored by:

help with sound processors

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-07, 11:21 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with sound processors

ok i have an aftermarket amp and subs running on the stock HU. But im missing ALOT of high end bass. Ive been told its due to lexus limiting the frequencies or something and was told to look in sound processors. Ive been asking around and people are giving me different answers and wondered if anyone here knew a clear cut answer. Im looking into the LC6/8 but was told it would not help with the problem i have. but other people have told me it works.. Also i was looking into the 3sixty.1, but after hearing i need a pda to tune it, i dont like where thats going.. I just want a simple fix and dont want to spend like $500 on the new alpine unit coming out. Will the LC6/8 work or no?? or is there any other solutions?? thanks
Old 06-28-07, 11:30 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

bumppppppp
Old 06-29-07, 05:01 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I'll bite. What do you mean by "high end bass"? Muddy bass? Not clear? Boomy? Narrow the sound down.

What does your system consist of? Amps models? Sub(s)? Enclosure? Tuning information (bass boost enabled, etc)? How is everything connected?

It's easier to work with what you have than start spending money on processors.

-Robert
Old 06-29-07, 09:29 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

high end bass as in..
In certain songs where they have that higher pitched bass its just like a simple thud noise.. not even loud.. but i want it to be like BOOOOOOM.

I have a hifonics amp forget which model.. with 2 12" FI Qs (www.ficaraudio.com) sealed. dunning about bass boost or how connection.. since i got it all done at a car shop.
My guy recommended me to get the processor as he knew about the problem too. But didnt really specify what to get.
Old 06-29-07, 11:35 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

sounds more like a box or tuning issue.... I never had any issues when running my sub off the stock sub stuff...
Old 06-29-07, 01:43 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

What voice coil config did you get on your subs? Find the model number for your amp. With that information we can determine about how much power your subs are capable of getting. What sized sealed box are the subs in (net internal volume)? How is the amp connected to the rest of the system?

If your "guy" recommended a processor, why didn't he get more specific? Is he talking equalizer? Does he have the spectrum analyzer to correctly set it? Or is it something like a phase coupled activator (aka Audio Control Epicenter)?

That BOOOOM that you want is usually a hump in the frequency response in the 50 to 60 hz range. It's not that difficult to do. Just put your subs in a sealed box so the Qtc is higher than 1.0 and you should have your boom.

-Robert