Sponsored by:

Really Strange Volume Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-07, 04:31 AM
volfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really Strange Volume Control Issue

I have a really strange issue with the Mark Levinson system in my 01 LX 470. It happens about every 20th time I start the car up (maybe even less frequently than that) -so it's pretty infrequent. This happens when I start the truck up and the radio or cd or whatever is on. The volume will be very low - almost off. If I barely move the volume control **** in either direction, it jumps to full volume. It's not a gradual increase in volume - it's just instantly at full volume without almost no movement in the ****. I's a real problem - I never know when to expect it.

Now it's caused one of the rear speakers to blow (I have another thread searching for one).

I've searched the boards and found a couple of others that seem to have had the same problem, but didn't see any solution or diagnosis.

I've got to do something about this. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-21-07, 04:57 AM
phinicben
Rookie

Default VOlume COntrol Issue

I have pretty much the exact same problem in 92 SC400. LAst night for instance, got into car, stqarted it up, and right front speaker was blasting full on. thing is, the volume was all the way down as far as it would go. turned up just a bit and the speaker voulme dropped, and i was able to here the other speakers but not that one any more. I have replaced my volume control with a new, and i still have teh same thing. the amp was replaced by the previous owner, and i now have another NAk (used) riding on a truck from somewhere. Stopped at the only 2 audio ships in this one horse town, and 3 techs and 2 different answers. Head unit or Amp!!!!!!!!!!!

DREXLEX left some input about my post under NAK PRoblems. Maybe it could shed some light on yours as well. Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-07, 06:47 PM
volfan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your reply. I read that other thread you mentioned. Your problem does sound similar, although mine is not limited to one side or channel. I'm fairly mechanical, but I never had much success working on my own electronics. I probably just need to let someone look at it. It is so intermittent, I'm just wondering whether that would make it hard to diagnose - so, I was hoping for a lead of some sort.