Sponsored by:

'01 GS430 System Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07, 09:54 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default '01 GS430 System Question

Alright guys heres the situation, Im going to be installing a pioneer avic-Z1 or D3 for my HU with MB Quart Speakers in all four doors and tweeters, plus im removing the stock sub and dropping two 12" MB Quart subs in the back with 2 rockford amps to supply the juice. Now heres what i need to know, is there ANY possible way to be able to use our stock cd changer with this setup? I know i have the stock lexus pioneer HU so im guessing there should be a way to hook the cd changer up to the new pioneer HU, considering they are both the same brand ... has anyone done this yet? is it possible? i really dont want that cd changer unusable and just taking up space in the glove box, plus i have alot of cds
Old 09-12-07, 06:16 PM
Brennan401
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same question. Thanks for asking it.
Old 09-12-07, 08:08 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

no problem man ... now if we could only get some answers ... lol
Old 09-13-07, 04:28 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i have been converting pioneer made cd changers from pioneer to lexus and lexus to pioneer since 1998 . i suppose i could sell as a kit so you dont have to send me the changer. the price is 75.00 . you have to switch the boards that the harness plugs inro . otherwise the changer stays the same with eject button and in its present glovebox location. . your new headunti will have cd text capability with your factory changer even though lexus headunit couldnt read the cd text which is a headunit function. email me at egusman@woh.rr.com
Old 09-13-07, 07:05 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

i just want to make sure i understand correctly ... i jus need to buy a kit so i can connect the two, or i need to get a new changer?
Old 09-13-07, 07:26 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

here is picture of lexus changer converted to pioneer aftermarket. the pioneer ipbus cables WITH THE BLUE 10 pin are now attached to unit instead of the lexus 10 pin changer cable. this is accom[plised by opeing the changer and putting in piioneer aftermarket pcb board and extension unit. the eject button wiring has to be attached to the pioneer board also.
Attached Thumbnails '01 GS430 System Question-gs-cd-changer-conversion-to-pioneer-aftermarket-compatility-020.jpg  

Last edited by lexusaudio; 09-13-07 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-13-07, 07:36 AM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard there is an easier way..

you just have to change certain pins...or something along those lines..

do a through search..
Old 09-13-07, 07:51 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

the changing the pins conversion is for changing from 10 pin 6 pin radio plug of the 98 to 2000 lexus gs radio to the 20 pin 2001 gs radio. your getting the 2 conversions, i do, mixed up. that radio conversion is useful as the 2001 up gs radiio can accept standard lexus adaptors for serius radio and ipod and the 98 to 2000 radio plugs cannot.................................................................... there are no pins to change for lexus changer to pioneer changer you have to change the electronic boards. ...............................................................the pioneer made changers for lexus were made in high quality japan compared to the current aftermarket made in third world counties where quaility is not good and they barely make it to 1 year warranty. the lexus changers are mostly still working after 10 years ........................................... no car audio equipment sold at best buy etc is made to last 10 years....................................................... the early 90s nakamichi made lexus equipment looks like it can go even longer than the pioneer as its going on 15 years and mostly still working if not damged by water or accidents.