Sponsored by:

IS neon lighting too ricey?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-02, 08:49 PM
nosml
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IS neon lighting too ricey?

I think I might place neon in the trunk w/ my subs, and possibly under the dash. However, is it a ricey mod, or can it be luxurious if used in moderation?

Last edited by nosml; 01-14-02 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-12-02, 10:29 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Ricey
Old 01-13-02, 12:03 AM
BigRich
Pole Position

I dunno I kinda like mine. I mean, I have 2 blacklights by your feet in the front, and one longer one in the back, by the 6x9's. They are all hooked up to a switch by my fuse box, and I dont find them to racey..
Old 01-13-02, 01:52 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rice.

Unfortunately, this seems to appeal to a lot of folks here. I thought these vehicles were Lexus, not Honda Civics. I guess too many folks got daddy buying them cars.
Old 01-13-02, 08:48 PM
BigRich
Pole Position

Default ohhh, good shot..

But thats not me at all.. Afterall I have a 93 that I work my *** of for.. Not to mention my baby girl. Plus my wife keeps me on an allowance! Anyway in the dark of night I love my lil lights!!
Old 01-13-02, 09:54 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

My apologies Rich, I wasn't commenting on your post, simply the original question that started the thread.

While neon effects may "look nice" to some, I don't see how it adds to the "luxury" of the vehicle. Lexii are all about quality, craftmanship, performance, advanced automotive technology, safety, and great ownership experience.

Neons are just like those double-spoilers (which do nothing) that folks put on their sport sedans. All they are saying is "look at me! look at me!"

To each their own.
Old 01-13-02, 10:26 PM
BigRich
Pole Position

True. They dont add any luxury. And I know what you mean about the spoilers I like to keep my mods modist. Just a nice stero, a few performance enhancements, and some misc mods. Nothing too flashy.. Like you said "To each their own"
Old 01-14-02, 04:26 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

NO ITS NOT RICE!

Man, if you were adding an underbody or any outside neons that would be rice. Whatever is in your trunk belongs to your audio system, not your car. Neons only make audio systems look nice...does not matter if its a Lexus or a Civic!
Old 01-14-02, 11:42 AM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Uhhh... he said in his "truck" and "under the dash". Both of these areas will be exposed at all times to passengers. Not like the trunk of a car which would be hidden for the most part.

Like I said, to each their own.
Old 01-14-02, 01:37 PM
importtoys
Pole Position

It doesnt really matter what we all think..We dont pay your bills nor did we buy your car. Do what YOU like and dont worry about everyones views on your taste in cars or anything else in life.

Would be a pretty sad looking world if every car was the same.
If you like it ....Go for it!!
Old 01-14-02, 09:27 PM
BigRich
Pole Position

Couldn't have put it any better myself!
Old 01-15-02, 07:09 AM
RX300TC
Pole Position

What part of "Like I said, to each their own" don't you understand?

A big part of moderating a discussion group is being able to do things in moderation, including one's reactions to the topics at hand. And don't forget what's being discussed here, which are opinions. Since they aren't "facts", no viewpoint can be right or wrong.

I'm guessing you're between 18 - 25 years old. Probably live in the So. Cal. area. No big deal, just a guess from your reaction.

Have a nice day.
Old 01-15-02, 06:29 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Originally posted by RX300TC
I'm guessing you're between 18 - 25 years old. Probably live in the So. Cal. area. No big deal, just a guess from your reaction.

Have a nice day.
Lmao...we have some special kind of attitude thing in So.Cal among people 18-25? Anyway, imo neons are cool if not overdone. I could not careless about using them inside a car.
Old 01-16-02, 07:12 AM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Retro-

Just a general observation, which I should admit shouldn't be made because generalizations is what leads to lesser understanding of our fellow humans.

But it's well known (and personally observed when I've been there) that folks from the S. Cal area are into tricking out their rides and ricing them. Young guys with disposable income tend to pour money into differentiating their vehicles, unconsciuosly thinking it's a reflection of their manhood or prowness in some way.

There are sooo many silly examples of this. Look through the gallery here, especially at the RX300 photos. One of the main attributes of getting this vehicle (or other SUVs) is ground clearance. Yet look at the ricers who put ground effects on them and lower them?! Silly and pointless.

But in the end, it's a free country and thank God for that. It's great that we are all different and have the freedom to make choices.

P.S. EPK, I just checked, you're profile doesn't state your age. The geographic part was another guess on my part without first looking at your profile

Last edited by RX300TC; 01-16-02 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-17-02, 01:10 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

This discussion has been around forever. Anyway, I would rather see a 86 Neon with body kit with no paint rather then a stock Neon. Just because its fun to look at

Quick Reply: IS neon lighting too ricey?