Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Sound shop recommendatiions ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-02, 07:36 PM
subal
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sound shop recommendatiions ???

Can any one recommend a decent sound shop in the LA/Orange county area for speaker upgrading?

Allan
Old 03-13-02, 12:45 AM
GSAristo
Driver

Sorry for the delay in the reply (I've been away from ClubLexus way too long)... but just in case you're still looking...

Speakerworks in Orange... ask for Eric or Henry
Western Audio in Costa Mesa... ask for Alan or Tina

These are the two shops I go to... I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else. Tell them that Allan Roberto sent you and they'll hook you up right.

BTW, nice to see a fellow "Allan" as also a fellow ClubLexus member!
Old 03-13-02, 05:14 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sound shop recommendatiions ???

Originally posted by subal
Can any one recommend a decent sound shop in the LA/Orange county area for speaker upgrading?

Allan
Check out www.mobilefantasy.com. They did my system and you can check out all of there major installs on there website. They are located in the San Fernando Valley. They have 2 shops!
Old 03-16-02, 06:15 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

any ideas for san gabriel valley area?

thanks
Old 03-18-02, 09:24 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Angry DO NOT GO TO WESTERN AUDIO!!!

DO NOT GO TO WESTERN AUDIO!!!

i've had bad experiences with them, all they care about is the cash coming in. they're rude and obnoxious! when you come in when they did something wrong with installation, they say " i don't remember you, do you have a receipt?" what kind of BS is that? so basically they ***** up your car and deny working on it.
Old 03-19-02, 09:57 PM
praetorian180
Driver

Default san gabriel valley

I'm also interested in sound shops in the San Gabriel Valley. Mobile Fantasy looks awesome but it is 30 minutes away in good traffic. I'm looking for a shop with great service a bit closer to home. Thanks.
Old 03-20-02, 10:47 AM
GSAristo
Driver

First off this is not a flame to anyone.... I apologize in advance if I offend anyone. I would just like to voice my personal opinion on a few things based on my over 10 years of experience as a consumer with different audio shops. Based on that, you can read on or just ignore my ranting...

From my past experience with stereo shops, even if they recognize you, they ask for a receipt. This lists out the exact items you purchased and the exact things they did to your car. I don't know how many times I've seen people take their car to different shops (or mess with it themselves) and then go back to the original shop to ask to get things fixed. If it was your shop, would you rememedy a complaint from someone that comes in and says you worked on their car in the past without proof, for no payment? Come on, do we really expect to have each and every person we buy something from to remember each of us by sight? I've dealt with dozens of shops in So Cal and I am sure that they all don't remember me.

Most good shops will will treat you right from the start. If not, move on. But if you go in demanding custom/significant work on your car for next to nothing, then most shops won't give you the time of day. Unfortunately, we the consumer always expect to get more bang for our buck, prices that rival the internet prices, and so on. In the retail store-front world, this is not a very realistic view. The guy with the shop has to cover his overhead (lease, utilities, employees), as well as make a honest margin.

IMHO, you really do get what you pay for in the long run. Be it mediocre equipment, or mediocre installation. Or you can end up with a system that is both solid and rocks. It's all up to you.

... I'll get off my soap box now.
Old 03-20-02, 06:10 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

how about the bayarea, looking for a good install shop as well thanks.
Old 03-20-02, 10:22 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

i did not mean to offend anyone either. i believe that i forgot to mention that i came back with a receipt, and he said that he "can't look at it because he did nothing wrong, it's the head unit that's messed up." i had proof that the speakers and the amp were messed up and he still insisted that it's the BRAND NEW head unit at fault. Did not once even bother to look at the car. I paid him the price he wanted me to pay for installation, no bargaining or haggling, yet he denied repeatedly to remedy the situation. Yes, you get what you pay for, but if i'm paying that much for installation, then it should be warrantied for any defects during installation that is clearly due to something other than the new eclipse head unit.

i never expected them to remember me, but at least be nice about it when i ask them to fix it. they DEMANDED that i bring in a receipt, but when i did, they denied looking at the car. i never demanded specific work for anything for next to nothing. money is never an issue with me. i have no beef for paying a bit more money for high end stuff or labor, as long as it's worth it. my two cents....

if you're driving a newer lexus, dont' be cheap on installation. like the other guy said, you get what you pay for. If it were me, just do it yourself. you'd be much more proud and saves you quite a bit. just think about what you gotta do first. i just installed my multimedia system that's flawless. everything works, and even tough it took me a few days longer, i took my time and all the wires are where i wanted it to be and everything is hidden. it's not that hard.
Old 03-25-02, 02:45 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I did mine at "Transonic" They are at Buena Park, Beach Blvd & FWY 91. I think they did a decent job and the service is pretty good. Their # is 714-523-7644, and ask for Jack.....Tell him Eric with the Lexus LS400 send you over and he'll hook you up a good deal.

My DUBs & Neon System LS:www.sounddomain.com/id/kenjitsou
Old 03-25-02, 07:45 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

al2jzge: hey, I like your soap box reply... It reminds me of "Judge Judy". Always keeping it real and to the point. I agree with you 100%.