Sponsored by:

HELP...Stock Nakamichi Rear Speaker Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-07, 07:04 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HELP...Stock Nakamichi Rear Speaker Issue

I realize this should appear in subforum for Stereo etc and I have posted there as well but hoping someone will address it here maybe quicker. I have a 92 Sc400 stock Nakamichi that the rear speakers do not work. I have poured over the forums and done the tests, the drains are clear and show no signs of water, got a "new" amp and swapped and still no change (actually looked worse than the amp I had), checked the speakers and they were puttin out 2.9 ohms, and the sub seems to work as do the front speakers. Is there a way to test the amp I got or another way to diagnose the problem. I saw a question put out in Sept on this but no reply. Can someone help me?
Old 10-26-07, 08:26 PM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Rear Speakers

RolxuSC400, The 92 rear speakers foam has probably disintegrated. Hook up a functional speaker to the existing rear speaker (+/-) connections. I bought a cheap speaker to preform this test, you will have to take down the trunks rear right corner panel & the lining that covers the gas tank to get access to the rear speaker connections. Here a picture of my 95 blown speaker.

Old 09-28-08, 03:44 PM
fhkhan_109
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you please tell me how you removed the speaker? Can you remove it just by removing the grill without the seats removed?

THanks

FK
Old 09-28-08, 04:02 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately no...first lift up on the rear sea and pull it out. Then using a metric, I think its 12mm socket unbolt the rear seat backing. There's 3 bolts holding it up, lift upward and remove the backing. Then I kindof forget but I believe there are few screws holding the rear decking in place that are visible after you remove the seat back. Lastly, being gentle pull out the rear speaker deck. Make sure the subwoofer cover is off before, its simply a lift up and pull out. Then the actual speakers will be visible and you will be able to remove them.