Sponsored by:

Weird problem with 99 gs400 nakamichi

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-07, 08:36 AM
DoWnAqT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird problem with 99 gs400 nakamichi

Alright, It seems I have this slight problem when the car is cold. Seems like the almost the whole left side of the car stereo is not working when its cold. I put the stereo on the left side only and really nothing was happening. So I began to crank it up, then it studdered type of thing and came to life. I havent had much time in the car yet since ive only had it a week. But Im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it. So any information would be great. Thanks
Old 12-09-08, 08:08 PM
EyesOnly
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't suppose you found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with my 2GS with Nakamichi - as the weather gets colder, I've noticed this problem more and more...
Old 12-11-08, 03:15 AM
Taran
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I think a lot of GS's with the Nakamichi are affected by this problem. The two GSs that I drive suffer from the same, identical problem. It's very VERY frustrating because it's almost impossible to tell when or why it does that. In my experiences, I've noticed that my car will do it as the HU gets hotter. Some days it'll be cold and still cut out. The only thing I've had any luck with restoring sound from the silent channel is putting out a song with a loud noise/intense noise all at once in the beginning. One such example is Billie Jean by Micheal Jackson. This only works 50% of the times, and once it cuts out and comes back, it'll usually cuts out again. Most owners replace the HU by re-wiring the entire system to accept a new HU, and usually change out the components and the sub.

To me this is an unacceptable solution, I like the way the Nakamichi sounds (when working correctly) and the look/feel of the stock HU in the dash.

I was going to make a post (and hopefully have it stickied) with all the information and knowledge I've gathered over the (4 or 5) years about this issue but still haven't gotten around to it yet.

Over the Christmas break, I'll remove the HU and take a look inside. Maybe I'll post pictures of my findings and hopefully it is repairable!