audio question!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 12:28 AM
gsleepin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audio question!?!

hello,

I was wanting some advice on how to get a new deck working with all the speakers. Can i just get a new amp to power all the speakers, including the sub?
Will i be able to use the factory wiring? I am not to concerned with having the loudest or cleanest sounding system.

All i am worried about is getting everything working.

thanks for any advice,
Old 12-23-07, 11:54 PM
AirForceGS
Driver

I put in a new radio when I first got mine 2 years ago. The dudes I went to cut the cut the wires coming out of the cd changer and used a power drill battery to "pop" the speakers so they would know how to wire it. I had it ran to an amp but after a few months of not being able to stand the engine noise my system was producing. I wired all the speakers back to my aftermarket pioneer deck. Now only my sub is ran to the amp. Its pretty easy to run wires in our cars. The side trim comes out with minimal effort.
Old 12-24-07, 02:37 AM
gs_300
Driver School Candidate

sorry bro, but u going to have new wires and plus ur going to have buzzing sound everytime u press ur accelerator. and one more thing ur going to have to buy a new amp to run ur factory sub cuz u won't be able to run ur amp to ur stock sub with your new system.
Old 12-24-07, 10:37 AM
AirForceGS
Driver

Originally Posted by gs_300
sorry bro, but u going to have new wires and plus ur going to have buzzing sound everytime u press ur accelerator. and one more thing ur going to have to buy a new amp to run ur factory sub cuz u won't be able to run ur amp to ur stock sub with your new system.
Thats false information... I was running my stock sub on an amp for over a year until I changed it to a 10" pioneer. Also I didnt need to run new wires until I decided to run my tweeters and mids straight from my pioneer head unit. The only thing I need to run initially was the RCAs, Power and Remote wires. You are right about the engine noise thouh.
Old 01-10-08, 09:04 AM
okiaristo
Pole Position

i never had engine noise and i rewired everything. it took a little effort but i didnt have to cut anything and was able (if i wanted to) return it to stock. look in the stereo section and search under my screen name, you should find it. i wouldnt cross any of the stock stuff with aftermarket anyway. if $$ is an issue, replace the deck, then amp. then the stock speakers. you are only limited to what you want to put the time/effort/money into. buzzing is a sign of a poor install. no body HAS to have it.