Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Cops cant touch me! ("naaah nah nah nah... nah nah... nah nah... can't touch me")

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 10:37 AM
Belement
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cops cant touch me! ("naaah nah nah nah... nah nah... nah nah... can't touch me")

So one of the things i miss about driving the sc400 daily is the fact that I have a radar detector hardwired. So I decided I needed one for the 300 and what the hell go big or go home so I got the Beltronics RX75 Plus and since I work at circuitcity I got a pretty nice price and am installing it in our roadshop. This thing has 4 sensors for the car and blocks laser front and back. I know not really needed but fun to have anyway the install is not that hard but Im doing everything right with wireloom and the works so it is taking some time. I have all the wires run but im not sure where I wanna put the display. 2 ideas make something to fit it into the ashtray/cig lighter or when I do my screen in my car try to fit it above the screen. If ne one has some more ideas let me know. Here are some pics of the first stages of install

Ill have some more up of it inside when I get close to done.
Old 01-04-08, 11:06 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

YES!!! is there i site i can get that off of?
Old 01-04-08, 11:10 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks cool
Old 01-04-08, 11:18 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My factory KA is Installed right above the rearview mirror. You can put it there.
Old 01-04-08, 12:03 PM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

heyy i need one of those......
Old 01-04-08, 12:06 PM
Belement
Driver

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
YES!!! is there i site i can get that off of?
http://www.compuplus.com/i-Beltronic...2ss2f5h27236hg

thats the lowest price i have seen it is usually around $1400 for it. One of the perks of working at circuitcity is the vendor accomditions on stuff

Originally Posted by Jewcano
My factory KA is Installed right above the rearview mirror. You can put it there.
this thing has no suction cups or clips, it has a dash bezel or no bezel. If u have a pic show me, cause i was thinking about making something to intergrate it into the mirror.
Old 01-04-08, 12:17 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll get ya a pic later tonight. I have to get ready for work now though, but I
will try to get you the pic as soon as I can.
Old 01-04-08, 12:24 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

That's a pretty hefty price tag regardless of what kind of discount you can get. I currently have a Cobra six band radar/laser detector that is hardwired somewhere in my car. I figured that if I speed, any decent detector will be fine so long as I know what types of vehicles State and local police may be using. When I visit relatives in Washington (State), I know that state troopers drive unmarked Subaru Legacy GT's with tinted windows. Here in Indiana, the state troopers usually drive the standard Crown Victoria that may or may not be marked. They also have unmarked 2000-2005ish Ford Taurus's that appear to be licensed to where the officer lives, as most of the unmarked cars have a standard Indiana plate and not a police plate like the marked cars utilize. There is a trooper that drives an unmarked charcoal metallic Taurus that has the Indiana plate that starts with county code "20". I would assume that he resides in Elkhart county where I live and works at either the Indiana Toll Road post or the post #24 on US6 near LaPaz.

Expensive detectors/blockers/jammers aren't necessary so long as you can spot the cop before he clocks you. Its only as good as its user.
Old 01-04-08, 12:35 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

That's a rediculous price, but nice mod nonetheless.
Old 01-04-08, 12:39 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hefty price tag - I guess you speed a lot

Jonny
Old 01-04-08, 12:40 PM
Belement
Driver

Originally Posted by cmiller80
That's a pretty hefty price tag regardless of what kind of discount you can get. I currently have a Cobra six band radar/laser detector that is hardwired somewhere in my car. I figured that if I speed, any decent detector will be fine so long as I know what types of vehicles State and local police may be using. When I visit relatives in Washington (State), I know that state troopers drive unmarked Subaru Legacy GT's with tinted windows. Here in Indiana, the state troopers usually drive the standard Crown Victoria that may or may not be marked. They also have unmarked 2000-2005ish Ford Taurus's that appear to be licensed to where the officer lives, as most of the unmarked cars have a standard Indiana plate and not a police plate like the marked cars utilize. There is a trooper that drives an unmarked charcoal metallic Taurus that has the Indiana plate that starts with county code "20". I would assume that he resides in Elkhart county where I live and works at either the Indiana Toll Road post or the post #24 on US6 near LaPaz.

Expensive detectors/blockers/jammers aren't necessary so long as you can spot the cop before he clocks you. Its only as good as its user.
Agree with u completely, on my Beltronics 985 Vector in my sc400 I have gotten hit with radar 1 to 2 miles down the road, which in that case any radar detector would help better then eyes. This one is retailed at $1400 but that website is showing it at $500 I got mine even cheaper so im pretty happy of the price. Also another plus is the fact that it is apart of the car not so easy to smash in the window and take like regular detectors. Indiana state troopers are very sneaky imo, i live up near gary and the lake and in my town we have 3 unmarked cars, 2 cameros and a brand new mustang GT all blacked out... i just look for antennas and light clusters in their windows beside the detector warnings if they are radaring me.
Old 01-04-08, 01:01 PM
thaimonkee
Lead Lap

I dont know much about radar detectors. How well does this one work seeing it cost 1400 on that site???
Old 01-04-08, 01:27 PM
Belement
Driver

It is nothing really all that crazy it is a radar detector that blocks laser detectors and is installed in the car to be concealed. Other then that it has a tad more range then some of the other big dog radar detectors.
Old 01-04-08, 03:01 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Raders make me paranoid .After all the false alerts i tossed mines in the closet and never looked at it again. Now i can finally go over 90 with peice of mind .My cop senses got better over the years and i avoid long highway pulls. radars dont help you that much ,all it does it tell you you just been clocked and your about to get busted...... goodluck with installation
Old 01-04-08, 03:19 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Are those things legal in the USA? You get mad done over here in Oz for having them installed.

Quick Reply: Cops cant touch me! ("naaah nah nah nah... nah nah... nah nah... can't touch me")