Sponsored by:

Stock alarm driving me crazy! plz help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-08, 09:45 AM
phrozen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock alarm driving me crazy! plz help

So last night i was trying to sleep but my stock alarm must have went off 5 times.Ive spent hours searching but nothing out there is really that helpful. I either need to remove it or unplug the brain if there is one. i have a viper 2way r/s installed but i dont think thats the issue, only thing i can think of is hooking up alarm arm and alarm disarm wire that comes off the brain to alarm disarm wire thats in the car so the factory alarm is always disarmed, cuz the factory alarm arm is common with locks.

only problem is i cant seem to find factory alarm disarm in the car, its supposed to be a green wire neg trigger in t he kick but i could not find it for the life of me theres like 100 green wires in there. and i know i installed it right been doing this stuff for a long time and i run the shop i work at.

i read somewhere that it might have to do something with the stock lock assembly sensory or soemthing but couldnt really find much info. if anyone knows where the disarm wire is or if i can just disconnect the brain or cut a wire that goes to it plz help i need to sleep
Old 02-04-08, 10:13 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

try disconnecting the horn for the stock alarm?
Old 02-04-08, 12:39 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

well that is an option but the headlights and parking lights would still flash. i need to find another solution, im going to try finding the factory disarm wire and send a constant ground signal to it, its kinda like one of those things that if ur not sick the doctor cant fix. i cant recreate the problem so all i can do is send a constant neg pulse to it and hope it works and dosetn wake me up in the middle of the night
Old 03-25-08, 11:35 PM
BDB75236
Driver School Candidate

The Wire Is Supposed To Be The Same One Used To Lock The Doors...green Wire In The Blue Connector In The Driver's Kick Panel, But It Accepts A Single Pulse To Disable The Alarm Without Unlocking The Doors.