Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Bought a 2nd Gen GS and am about to install a D3... are these the right parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08 | 07:35 AM
m32
Intermediate

Default Bought a 2nd Gen GS and am about to install a D3... are these the right parts?

Can someone please confirm that these are the correct radio harnesses that I need for a Avic D3 install on my 2nd Gen GS?

Radio Harness

Speaker Harness

I need both of these to connect both the wires from the factory amp and for the plug to the factory radio correct? Thanks in advance

Edwin
Old 02-12-08 | 07:42 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Edwin-- Good to see you over here! You still have the two M3's??

This is Jedidiah from 6Speed, and ///Mpulse from M3Forums (don't really expect you to remember me, but good to see you over here all the same.)

I have a 2GS as well with a Z1 in it. PM me any questions you have and I will be more then willing to help in any way I can.

Ben
Old 02-12-08 | 07:50 AM
m32
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jedidiah
Edwin-- Good to see you over here! You still have the two M3's??

This is Jedidiah from 6Speed, and ///Mpulse from M3Forums (don't really expect you to remember me, but good to see you over here all the same.)

I have a 2GS as well with a Z1 in it. PM me any questions you have and I will be more then willing to help in any way I can.

Ben
Hey Ben,

Thanks for the warm welcome Does your dad still have that MCS? Yeah, I sold both m3's and both s2000's. I'm just driving the GS now as a daily (great daily btw) and the Range Rover Sport as the new project. It's going under the knife now and should be done in 2-3 weeks. Will post pics soon.

Yeah, I just bought a 2000 GS3 from a member here and am going to install the D3 soon. I want to make sure I purchase the right harnesses before I rip out the dash. Do you have any ideas if the links I show are the right ones?

Edwin
Old 02-13-08 | 06:06 AM
m32
Intermediate

anyone?

Edwin
Old 02-13-08 | 10:03 AM
elegancexb
Driver

i think so......

i just know that in some TOYOTA they used the one with the RCA'S STICKING OUT...

and only has power and ground from the harness....

check out metraonline.com and type your year model of the car and it will show you...

post pics once you know.... or do like a write up people like that..
Old 02-13-08 | 10:08 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Originally Posted by m32
Hey Ben,

Thanks for the warm welcome Does your dad still have that MCS? Yeah, I sold both m3's and both s2000's. I'm just driving the GS now as a daily (great daily btw) and the Range Rover Sport as the new project. It's going under the knife now and should be done in 2-3 weeks. Will post pics soon.

Yeah, I just bought a 2000 GS3 from a member here and am going to install the D3 soon. I want to make sure I purchase the right harnesses before I rip out the dash. Do you have any ideas if the links I show are the right ones?

Edwin
Edwin,

Ya he still has the Cooper S, but it doesn't get driven much so i think he will be selling it this year at some point.

I'm sorry I mis-read your post. When I put my Z1 in, I gutted the entire system to install a new one, so I did not use any of the harnesses.

I can suggest this: PM JeffTsai (That is his user name as well as his real name) in regards to your questions. He helped me install my entire system and is highly knowledgable when it comes to the 2GS in any regard.

Sad to see the M3's go, but I'm excited about the Range Rover project! Where are you posting mostly these days? I'm rarely on CL, which is why it took me a while to respond.

Look forward to seeing the progress of the RRS. I would love to see pics of it when you are done. Hope all is well Edwin!

Ben