Sponsored by:

Stock Head unit problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-08, 08:32 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Head unit problem

So i just recently got my evaporator core installed and i unplugged my battery just to be safe. it was unplugged for a good few hours and i plugged everything back. i turn on my head unit and i hear no sound from my unit. weird, so i start tuning through the radio stations with the volume on max and i still cant hear anything. i press the cd button and it doesnt even load the cds. i checked all the fuses and they seem to be fine. i checked the plugs and wires that plug behind the radio and they are all fine and plugged in. my cousin called his friend that works at toyota and he said that i need to buy a new head unit. it doesnt ask for a code for anything either.

I have a 1999 Gs300. Stock head unit, and when i take out the cd changer and put it back in it loads everything like normal. so should i buy a new head unit? and could a nakamichi head unit fit what i have right now? i went to the dealer and they were asking $100+ just to see what was wrong with it.

thanks~

edit: if anyone is wondering my car is completely stock. only mod i have right now is tein flex coilovers.