Sponsored by:

new interior. head unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-08, 10:05 PM
EpixINC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Mine Too!!!

so i had so much fun doing my buddie's console, i figured i would get paint happy with my car.... did my console, shifter bezel, door window switches and surrounds, gauge console surround, and cup holder. check out these pics let me know what u all think.

Old 03-09-08, 10:46 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

ehhh..not quite my taste..but if you like it..then rock it..looks like you messed up a bit on the window switch a bit on the passengers side though..you should redo that so its more smooth
Old 03-10-08, 12:05 AM
phrozen
Lead Lap

some 6.5's will work with small diameter basket designs. meaning most cheap 6.5's or most pioneer speakers and some kenwood. most decent speakers have a large basket design and u cannot fit a 6.5 in the rear deck unless you use a 1" spacer, i currently have type r coax in the back sitting on 1" spacers and the fit is very snug, without the spacers you would have to cut alot of the rear deck opening out more. if you do pick up 1" spacers from your local audio shop make sure they are centered with the stock hole because if not the rear deck cover prob wont go back on.

the trim i made was made out of 1/8" mdf, primed and painted satin black, just something i traced from the stock radio face i took apart then got a double din opening template and traced that out and cut it with a hand saw and file lol. and also u can flush mount it, you have to drill new holes. Ive prob done 10 sc's with this setup and most were motorized faceplate's or indashes.

also to anyone wondering you can get your stock sub to work in your sc, this doesn't apply to nakimichi amped systems only pioneer systems with "separate" sub amp either mounted on the rear deck on pass side 1/4. i know that 90% of sc300's made in 92 just use a reg toyota harness behind the radio and there is no bypass needed. there is however an additional plug for sub, you wire up your harness just like a reg toyota and then on the extra "white" plug not the blue one there is line level in so u just get some rca's cut one end and tap it into that plug and it send line level signal to your stock sub amp and viola. after market deck with sub control on stock amp+sub. this may apply for newer model sc's but not 100% sure.

might as well cover front speakers as well while im at it. there is a write up on how to put 6.5" speakers in the front doors retaining the stock 4" speaker enclosure and making it work for a 6.5 obviously. this can take time and some patients, i am currently running this type of sealed setup for fronts. also there is a company now that makes mdf pre made templates for a sc that just bolts in that look to be good quality, ill prob pick up a set to try em out and compare freq response and sq for kicks.

hmmm am i missing anything? oh yea running amp wire. for the ppl that can figure it out.

2 decent options, for ppl with auto's drill a hole where the clutch master is supposed to be next to the brake booster.. simple, make sure to use a grommet PLZ we dont need to hear ppls cars catching on fire cuz of stupidity. ur 2nd option is to run it thru the drivers side fender well and run it with the harness that runs into the drivers kick planel. and getting wire into the trunk is easy, take off the top of the rear seats and thers a nice big grommet on each side.

and bam you have a whole system installed! remember to fuse ur wires, run signal and power on seperate sides, make good grounding points, use good wire not "flea market" wire, and measure twice drill once
Old 03-10-08, 11:15 PM
EpixINC
Driver

found a MKIII supra in a yard today and installed it....what do u all think?
Old 03-11-08, 04:57 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Were you able to retain cruise control on the Supra steering wheel? It'll look much better dyed in black imo.
Old 03-13-08, 10:14 PM
EpixINC
Driver

yeah maybe but i wanted to maintain the blue color scheme. no stupid me i cut the friggin cruise cords too short, plus i ran into issues with the stupid clockspring on the old one.... the supra wheel wouldnt fit with the clockspring on there... so i just removed it.
Old 03-18-08, 06:21 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you like it.....I personally think you are making your $300 Lexus look like a $300 Lexus
Old 03-18-08, 08:10 PM
EpixINC
Driver

why do u say something like that? because i am customizing my interior in a way that more suits my style? i dont have the carbon fiber or brushed metallic crap and once i get completely done, its gonna be all blue.... i am repainting the car a solid blue, and the interior is going to match.... why u gotta hate on me like that Mteele?
Old 03-18-08, 08:33 PM
LRP_LS400
Pole Position

Your Car, your style; best of luck with future mods.