Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

I have the Newest Gen5 v7.1 Nav Disc w/the v5.1 Lock Out Override Menu!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08, 01:14 PM
OstrichSak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the Newest Gen5 v7.1 Nav Disc w/the v5.1 Lock Out Override Menu!

First post but hopefully I will be well received since I'm bringing good news.

I was finally able to get a working copy of the newest v7.1 Toyota/Lexus nav disc w/the injected v5.1 loading menu to work. After much effort and MANY expensive coasters I finally got a 100% functioning disc and have successfully made copies that work perfectly as well. Please don't ask me how I did it because I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know. I tried so many programs with so many different settings for ripping and compiling that I'm really not sure which combination resulted in a successful image. All I know is it was substantially more difficult than the v6.1/v5.1 disc so I'm thinking they have has put some added security in to make this more difficult or something. Had someone offered to sell me one of these before I started knowing what I know now I would have gladly forked over the money to avoid all this effort. It was one of those things thought that once I started I had to make it work so it became a mission for me.

The new maps and POI's are nice and since we live in a brand new subdivision I was very happy to see that our streets are now on this newest version and we now have a home according to the nav! Before we were off roading in the Camry Hybrid but now there's a street and address. I was even more shocked to see several streets of new subdivisions near us that aren't even started yet. It also has more updated POI's but we don't use those real frequently so I wasn't able to test them out as much but I'm sure it's a great leap forward since they add millions each year. The one downside for some is that you will have to 'I Agree' screen each time you start it up. Since I had the v6.1 map disc before I never got used to not having this. For those that have a v7.1 disc you might be used to not having to do this because it doesn't have that requirement. To me, this is a small trade off for full functionality while in motion. Everything works, the address input, Bluetooth phone interface and anything else you can do while at a stop you can do while in motion with this disc.

This is the only option that doesn't require you to take apart your dash, take out your deck or splice wires and mount switches. LockPick offers something similar but it costs $300 to get the functionality that this offers and installation is on the LockPick requires several hours and digging into the dash. With this disc, you basically eject the map disc, put this one in and do a short override sequence whenever you want to use it while in motion that takes like ten seconds. Easy as that. I don't do the override every time I start the car because you can input it while in motion so it's easy to do it right before you use it and this way you don't have to do it each time you start the car.

The disc I have works with the following map discs:

v5.1 464210-0629 U30
v6.1 464210-0792 U31
v7.1 464210-0971 U32

So, take your map disc out and if it's one of these three versions just make sure that it has the set of numbers and letter printer somewhere on it EXACTLY as they are shown above. For instance, if you have v7.1 make sure it has BOTH '464210-0971' & 'U32' on it or this disc will not work.

If you're interested in a disc please PM me and no requests on this thread. This thread is for discussion only.

Last edited by OstrichSak; 03-31-08 at 01:20 PM.